Hey Steam !
This is a short one you're gonna enjoy <3.
Minimap and replaymap icons are back in, no longer crashing the game and... looking great now ! City icons are even colored with their owner's color.
Frontiers, colonizing tiles and other relevant visuals are now properly rendered behind troops and such tall objects. Frontier visibility through forests remains as it is there on purpose for the gameplay. That makes the game both prettier and easier to read and make sens while not loosing visibility in any significant way.
Some issues that were preventing chained attack actions from performing properly have been fixed. Doing so becomes a no brainer to anyone finding they have to micro too much ! (note: to chain actions first select the action in action bar, then hover the target area and pres shift + click to stack orders until you're ready to give the final order with a simple click)
Last but not least, attacking a not defended tile is now significantly much faster, and even more so if the attacking army has a lot of troops.
This both enables you to swipe out entire empires within a game's timeframe, but also means you might need to consider guarding your frontiers !
Overall the game looks and feels like never before, hope you enjoy ! Also there's more listed bellow:
- Now showing (again) new cities and battle icons on the minimap and replay map
- Now tinting city icons on minimap and replay map
- Minimap camera now smoothly grows when discovering the world instead of bumping to new size instantly
- Minimap now has a parchment background look for unknown tiles
- Minimap's viewport border visual is now more accurate
- Setup things to render in proper order like units above frontier and colonization visuals etc
- Army path now has a nicer looking texture, also shows a cross on target tile when doing movement only action
- Made the selected area visual even higher
- Attacking undefended territories is now much faster
- Trimmed spawned tiles around the viewport to the bare minumum, lowering the need (and cost) of culling
- Erosion now has a burst limit of 10 areas destroyed per frame, wont affect gameplay in any significant way but should alleviate hicups in extreme cases
- AI will now more specifically target cities for attacks over any other type of tile (and just to clarify, it can still happen and just will be less frequent)
- Fixed some cases that prevented chained attack actions to perform (note: attacking in unknown or uncrossable territory is still not possible per game rules)
- Fixed some achievement stats not working in builds
- Fixed facilities visuals not cleared out when their city is destroyed
- Fixed some cases of minimap tiles not updated correctly