What an insane ride this has been so far ! Huge thanks to everyone who has been helping out to get there.
Today the workshop opens up, with support for community translations ! The workshop being an amazing tool and considering how modular WotA is, expect some cool additions to what you can publish to enhence and customize the game !
French is officially supported, and 6 other languages, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish are made available immediatly -but- from google translations. If you are fluent in a non officially supported language please help your fellow people by making that language available on the workshop ! A guide is available here.
As previously stated there will be many achievements to challenge you and now there are 9 new ones, testing your offensive and economic skills as well as one that is an extreme time challenge.
There are several other improvements to the game itself, the expedition menu shown when giving orders to an army has been simplified to only show the total duration of the expedition.
Two new selection actions to quickly go to defending or attacking battles are now available.
There is also a widget that appears on the right of the screen when you are attacked, it shows how many battles you're currently defending. You can also click it to reach each battle quickly. That will make micro managing battle a lot simpler and prevent letting attacks slip through while being busy elsewhere !
The engine version has also been updated with a major update, hence the size of this update. The overall size of the game is now smaller, and following updates should be a lot more optimized. Tests of that new engine version have been great so far but if you were to experience any weird behaviour please report ASAP.
- First workshop iteration ! It is now possible to submit translations to the workshop, see publishing guide.
- Localization: French is now officially available
- Localization: As a getting things started thing Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish generated from Google Translate are available in the "Translation Pack"
- Setup localizations, menu have a flag icon that can be clicked to bring up the localization menu showing all installed languages, as well as a link to translations that you can subscribe to on the workshop
- Trimmed the army expedition info UI to only show the duration, improved positionning formula
- Added next battle attacking and defending menu buttons
- Action bar hotkeys displayed are now dynamicly matching what is used by the underlying input layer
- Setup defending battles widget, showing how many attacks are currently directed at the local player
- It is no longer possible to use action bar shortcuts to break the progress in the tutorial
- New Achievement: Baby Killer, defeat an AI of any difficulty, on a map of any size before erosion begins
- New Achievements: Warmonging 1 to 4, throw simulatenous attacks to unlock this
- New Achievements: Mad Scientist 1 to 4, finish the game with a lot of unspent science points to unlock
- Fixed AI able to form city right next to another one in some cases (if city control was lost but left unclaimed)
- Set musics to load in background
- Updated project to Unity v2019.1.0f2
- Updated logo in intro (finally)