Hello Steam !
This update brings some new technologies, allowing for more production material or food generation per city on one hand, and on the other allowing armies to move or colonize significantly faster.
Alongside those newly added techs, others have been balanced to make the exploration branch a more interesting option.
Battles no longer suffer from some long standing issues.
It now get resolved faster, so taking over enemy territory will be easier to achieve. Defending also becomes slightly more challenging due to having less time to react in case of attack, thus planning defenses becomes that much more important.
Differences in battle resolution while having or not a defending army are now streamlined. When there is a defending army in the battle, the battle progress is calculated from the health of all involved armies.
Bringing in troops now changes the progress of the battle instantly ! That fixes some odd behaviour in specific cases and hopefully will make battle resolution crytal clear to everyone.
Here's the full changelog:
- It is no longer possible to cancel the battle army action with right click when army is the defending army, only way to give up now is to move the army elsewhere
- Streamlined battle progress calculation between battles with or without a defending army, battle progress is now bound to health of armies involved when there is a defending army
- Bringing reinforcement in battle on both sides is now immediatly taken into account, for example battles cannot be won half a second after just because progress was very low before reinforcement so it is now always safe to send reinforcements
- Battles without a defending army will now be resolved a lot faster
- Lowered army default health by 20% to shorten duration of battles involving lots of troops
- Bumped Exploration lv 1 faster movement tech to 15% (from 10%)
- Bumped Exploration lv 1 faster colonization tech to 15% (from 10%)
- Added level 5 production techs: +3 prod per city VS 3 Food per city
- Added level 3 exploration techs: 15% faster movement VS 25 % faster colonization
- Moved down one slot the exit buttons so that it cannot be clicked by accident when pressing back quickly from other menus
- New or improved icons for several technologies
- Fixed a couple typos in tutorial
- Now showing online players in main menu, only above 10
- Fixed regression with colonizable areas display, now properly highlights only areas that can be colonized (ones which expand current territory)