Hello Steam !
Today, is a big day.
Today WotA is turning one month old, no longer a todler aye !
Today WotA exits its early bird pricing phase.
And today, WotA fullfils its promesses.
Roadmap was set to be challenging, and it was beaten.
Behold, the new facilities features to develop your empire by building on wasteland around your cities.
Technologies to strengthen your armies and including flamming arrows to bring havok upon your opponents.
The first iteration of achievements, while there are only 4 and simple ones, be assured many more are coming to challenge you.
A complete overhaul of all icons, getting rid of all the placeholders and improving the look and feel of the whole game.
On top of a bunch of visual improvements, new visual and sound effects, additional ambient musics, a ton of balancing, quality of life improvements...
Here is a condensed version of the change log, keeping only what might matter to you:
- Added crops facility, yields +1 food gain as long as both the crops and its owning city belong to the player (capturing grants bonuses)
- Added science lab facility, yield +1 science point once and only once after 60s
- Added defensive fort facility, double strength of stationned armies
- Added 3 new technologies to unlock placing facilities on wastelands
- Now revealing fog when army begin walking towards an area rather than when it arrives on the area
- Added support for merging army actions, so for example giving a new order to an army that is unstationning no longer resets it
- Added a visual and audio warning signal when food gain/upkeep balance turns negative
- Included facilities in the tutorial
- Setup WotA 4 first achievements ! Go through tutorial, Win in SP, Win in MP and a secret one for those who struggle getting started ;) There will be many more in the future of course
- Added new gameplay option to toggle the minimap
- Added ranged back units technology, increasing army strength in battles by 0.5 per troop behind the first row, those troops fire visible burning arrow
- Added auto stationning armies when attacked technology
- Ensured smoother progression of erosion throughout the game with latest fragility tweaks
- Loosing a facility or a city now properly removes the relevant yields from its former owning player
- The city support army technology now lowers upkeep by 3 for each city to match recent army food upkeep changes (from 1)
- Faster stationning tech now 30% faster instead of 20% to compensate for loss of interest due to the auto station endgame tech
- Items in city production queue now take 4s to complete (instead of 1s)
- Replaced the food speed technologies by technologies to speed up city production queue, each tech doubles the speed so getting both can bring back to the time to 1s
- Now starting with positive food gains/upkeep balance, including the start army upkeep
- Now enforcing the 25 troops per army limit, merging more will now discard addtional troops
- Full icon rework, new style on all icons, no more place holders
- Added kick attack animation to troops in battle
- Improved and fixed some issues with army battle animations
- Fixed armies not turning around immediatly after retreating in battle
- Fixed cases troop animation didn't reset properly after some actions
- Fixed a case of soldier not exiting battle mode and staying stuck in idle animation
- New more intense effect when a player captures an area to another player
- Territories display in HUD now shows the local player's color
- Duration texts in progress bars no longer show 0s remaining in between 0s and 1s (shows 1s instead)
- Now showing gain/upkeep balance in hud instead of both values distinctly
- Added icons to city placement preview to further help everyone visualize intent and space requirements, shows the new city flag icon in the center tile and dirt icons on the tiles around
- Added a spinner to the loading black screen
- Frontiers now render at terrain level instead of floating 2 meters above
- Frontiers are now slightly visible through scenery and props so it is easier to spot in middle of forests for example
- Added new sfx when researching technologies
- Added 3 new ambient musics from Lonie
- Ambient musics no longer have a very long break in between plays
- AIs no longer tries to send more troops than allowed in an army to defend when attacked
- AIs now have a limit to how many units they can create based on their difficulty level, hard difficulty remains with the legacy no limit
- AIs now have a limit to how many units they can have in a single army based on their difficulty level, hard difficulty remains with the legacy 25 units (same as human players, from game rules)
- AIs can now place facilities in world when it has researched the required technologies
- Fixed typo in tutorial saying shortcut to colonize is 3 while it is in fact 2
- Fixed area ownership & destruction not synced with clients whom it is on the edge of the fog of war for
- Fixed some typos in tutorials, a few improvements here and there
- Fixed action bar buttons not cleaning out old tooltips for unused slots
- Fixed action bar not refreshed when the selected tile type changes (for exemple, when placing a city, or when another player builds something or captures the tile)
- Fixed mountain tiles showing in green while chosing colonization target
- Fixed a rare case of order given to army that would teleport it back to an old position (orders given while army is unstationning)
I have so many people, great people, to thank for helping me through this gigantic push. I cannot thank you enough for the energy you've given me.
Thanks to you all I am not alone in this.
Ladies and gentlemen, Waves of the Atlantide EA v2.0.