Hello Steam !
Today's patch ships with several suggestions from our fellow community.
First, please welcome the new member in the AI familly, the baby. That adorable baby AI will help newcomers familiarise themselves with their surroundings until they can hopefully take on actual challenges !
Exploring the world will now bring additional benefits in form of one time only resource loots that can be found on plains. This is a first pass and there will be more to it over time, for now when you see sacks of grain or gears on the ground simply visit the tile with an army to collect food or science. Also, first come first served so act fast !
AI military decisions are now affected by their difficulty which should contribute alongside the baby AI to offer an experience with a scallable difficulty for all tastes.
This also fixes several issues with food gain and upkeep, so even without being the needed overhaul this is already a great step forward.
There's also a new ambient music, the first of many more to come and a bunch of fixes, notably fixing some visual issues for multiplayer clients.
- Added a first pass of random resource loot system, you may now find food or science in plains when exploring the world that can be collected by armies, shows a visual effect with the player color when an army collects one
- Improved accuracy of the fog of war effect to lower undesired leaking on surrounding tiles
- MP Clients will now receive all relevant data needed to display world tiles on the edge of the fog of war
- Added new "Baby" difficulty AI, slower to perform some actions, does more random things instead of optimal actions
- AI difficulty now affects its millitary decisions, lower difficulty AIs will tend to make more random calls
- Added a first ambient music in game on top of the forest rustling ambient sound, plays with a large interval currently to limit repetition
- Fixed display of the food upkeep wrongly accounting the per city gain bonus of technologies
- Fixed gain and upkeep ticks wrongly doubled up, leading to massively confusing changes in food amount
- Fixed armies going in or out of view with camera staying still not properly refreshed visually
- Fixed MP clients sometimes getting false victory or similar player lost related event, for exemple when seeing the only known city of a player getting destroyed/captured
- Fixed several cases of world tiles visuals refresh issues on the edge of the fog of war, notably for MP clients
- Fixed a rare error in the colonization process client side that could break the frontier re-generation
- Fixed some cases that could break the frontier generation for MP clients when not having visibility of the whole territory island
Note: this version is not compatible with older versions in multiplayer
Thanks again to everyone who contributed, please keep providing awesome feedback it's really shaping the game for the best !