Hello Steam !
Today's patch will bring joy to all multiplayer lovers ! It focuses mainly on improving the multiplayer experience, fixing issues and adding some of the missing game data to clients.
Visually, aside from a last couple minor issues, the game will now appear to MP clients identical to the singleplayer, and all weird behaviours should already be sorted out.
There's also a few sens making changes recommended by our fellow community, fixing some ways to break the tutorial, and naming cities in such way that it can be kept track of.
And finally a healthy amount of fixes and improvements, all listed bellow !
- Cities are now named after their creator and number, will simplify keeping track of cities
- Tutorial now prevents erosion from occuring, runs without AI opponents, prevents from moving the camera or using shortcuts that could block progress in the tutorial
- Armies from another player occupying a neutral area now prevent colonization from granting that area
- Now syncing battle defender and attacker strength to clients so it can be displayed over the battle widget
- Now syncing the erosion begin horn warning sound to clients
- Fixed city visual not updated above 10 levels of average food and production
- Fixed some issues with city areas taken by another player
- Fixed city not cleaned up properly when liberated/destroyed by a player
- Fixed Selected element widget showing wrong data when opening the empire menu after having selected an area
Bug fixes Multiplayer
- Fixed client food not falling all the way to 0 when having a negative upkeep gain balance for MP clients
- Fixed MP clients not receiving all information about surrounding visible land they should be
- Fixed client not seeing army stationing when it occurs while army is in view
- Fixed client not always seeing the army stationing/unstationing widget
- Fixed armies not going all the way in to their target location during actions such as colonizing when viewed from MP client side
- Fixed cases of client receiving eroded area information not properly taken care of
Note: this version is not compatible with older versions in multiplayer
Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this great new version of WotA !