August 28, 2022
A few days ago, Cracking the Cryptic passed 500,000 subscribers! To celebrate, 23 amazing puzzle setters from the channel have created a free variety pack, available now!
More UI and QOL Updates
• Hints no longer obscure the puzzle. In portrait mode, the combination boxes for Sandwich and Killer clues no longer obscure the puzzle.
• Puzzles start with the How to Play/Hint box open.
• In landscape mode, you can continue solving the puzzle with hints on screen.
• Added the variant icons back in.
• By default, tapping the eraser clears entries based on which entry mode you are in while holding down the eraser fully clears the selected cells. There is now a "Gameplay Settings" option to reverse this so that tapping the eraser fully clears the selected cells.
• Added "Gameplay Settings" options to flip the number pad in number pad layout or to flip the top and bottom button rows in traditional layout.
• Added a "Gameplay Settings" option to move the eraser underneath the nine button in number pad layout.
• The ALT key now works the same as the SHIFT key.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
• Fixed a bug where puzzles would continue auto-saving after the puzzle was already completed.
• Updated cloud saves plug-in for better compatability on mobile.
• Clicking the small gaps between buttons no longer deselects all cells.