Patch v1.0.6 for God of War is now live
Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately.
- Enabling FSR will now no longer result in blurry/blocky image quality
- Xbox controllers will now have proper joystick sensitivity
- Mouse Precision Mode will no longer cause movement animations to break
- Added translations for Precision Mode that were not included in patch v1.0.5
- Mouse Precision Mode now supports Aim Assist
In v1.0.5 we added an error message that reported if the game was having issues saving or loading save game files. This message interrupted gameplay and was determined to be ultimately unhelpful for players. We're still investigating reported issues surrounding save game files, but for now we have disabled this error message.
EDIT - 11:15am PST Feb 8th, 2022
We have seen reports of an issue with controller drift after this update.
We have added this to our Known issues while we investigate the cause.
As a temporary fix, please disable Steam Input:
- Open Steam
- Navigate to your game in the library view
- Right-Click God of War
- Select Properties
- Select Controller on the left sidebar
- Under the drop down for “Override for God of War” select “Disable Steam Input”.
We acknowledge that this is not ideal for some controllers and are looking to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
EDIT - 12:15pm PST Feb 8th, 2022
Our team has identified the cause of the controller drift issue and is working on a solution. We do not have a timeline, but we'll update these patch notes once we do.
For a list of the topics we're currently tracking, please refer to our Known Issues. If you are experiencing any of these problems, submitting a ticket greatly helps us gather all of the information we need to properly access each one. We appreciate your continued patience as our team investigates your reports.