We're updating the Pre-Production Beta branch with new updates, fixes, and changes!
Our greatest desire in recent weeks has been to enrich the gameplay and bring even more to Ghost Hunters Corp.
One of the central focuses of this update is the appearance of a new entity, which we will let you discover in-game, or further into the patchnotes.
An additional huge improvement is the widely requested feature of Push-To-Talk! You can now feel more confident hunting ghosts with friends, even with distracting background noise!
Hotfix - 01/30/2022
- We've fixed Russian voice recognition.
Hotfix - 01/28/2022
- We've slightly increased the aggression of the Fallen entity.
- Fixed the Walkie-Talkie HUD icon. It will now appear correctly when you have Team Voice disabled.
- Fixed Team Voice. The entity can now hear you if you have Team Voice deactivated.
- Added the option to disable push-to-talk sound effect. (this one is for you RandomBritishDude)
- Russian translation updated (thanks O.A!)
- Fixed Walkie-Talkie sound effect. You will no longer hear your teammates activate the Walkie-Talkie if you have Team Voice disabled.
- Increased the chances to see the Fallen entity in the pre-production Beta.
UPDATES & ADDITIONS
Language & Vocal
- We've added Push-To-Talk, and HUD icons! If push-to-talk is enabled, this will also apply to communicating with the entity. After enabling Push-To-Talk, the default key for Push-To-Talk will be "V". The key for the walkie-talkie radio has not changed, and will remain "T".
- (Chinese) Some minor adjustments and additions to the text and vocal language, thanks to qsefthuopq!
- Any non-translated text will appear in the game in English. Some text may be translated with Google Translate. If you wish to submit language corrections, or translations, please do so visiting our translations page
- Made some slight additions and adjustments to the English Vocal (voice recognition) phrases.
- To see all current English voice lines which are recognized in the game, click HERE
Gameplay & Balance
- We've added a new Entity type; the Fallen. This entity is NOT scared of the Mary Statue, or the Crucifix. Fallen entities become extremely upset if you approach them, or look at them for too long.
Be careful, Hunters- this entity will require traditional defensive tools like the Instant Camera, the Neutrino-Gun, or the Salt Shotgun to defend yourself!"
- We've made it so that players who are playing the Pre-Production version of the game can no longer play with people who are playing the public-main branch of the game. We did this as a safety measure, and to be sure the game continues to function correctly in multiplayer.
Ghost AI & Behavior
- Entities will now teleport away a LOT less frequently.
- We've adjusted entity aggression. Some entities will be slightly less aggressive in general now. Be warned, when a team of Ghost Hunters enter a haunted location, and start spamming the entity with commands- the entity tends to not like it very much. (who'd have thought? :P )
- We've added some red text to "Extreme" difficulty missions, after selecting the contract.
- We've added an additional free Instant Camera to Simple Contract starter items.
- Made some minor adjustments to the way the EMF detector works.
- Bugged entity animations (where entities switch from standing to crawling very rapidly) have been mostly fixed! Entities who are standing up, should stand up, and not flicker up and down any more.
Ghost AI & Behavior
- We've found and fixed several severe issues which caused entities to not move around or wander the haunted locations.
- Pressing "M" (the mute-self toggle) will now correctly change the "Mute" option in the tablet settings.
Maps & Generation
- We have fixed a pile of books in France - The Pianist's Manor. They could be cursed but unmovable. They should be movable by the players now.
- We have applied a correction to the vehicle door, which should hopefully prevent it from becoming stuck-closed during a contract.
- We have fixed the 'broken and spinning doors' bug on the new USA - Family Home map, Japan - Bamboo Temple map, and Barony Gunther map.
- We have fixed several Surface Writing, Surface Drawing, and Pentagrams in the USA - Family Home. They should no longer be floating.
- We have fixed the guitar that spawns upstairs in the Lost House. It shouldn't spawn in the center of the floor anymore.
- Players will now correctly receive 2.5x money reward per cursed object returned in Extreme Difficulties.
Once again, thank you for reading, and thank you very much for your continued support and feedback!
There are many more changes, updates, and fixes in the coming update, and the full patchnotes will be available once we've released the update to the Public Pre-Production Beta branch.
Don't forget your Crucifixes and your Mary Statues!
- The Ghost Exorcism Inc. Team