We pushed several of these updates to our pre-release already, and are releasing them to the wild now!
If you'd like to be in the pre-release, go to the game's properties under beta and enter "prereleasetest" to try out unstable versions of updates.
Changelog for PreAlpha3-Preview2c:
- It’s now possible to place facilities/blocks over entities
- You must now be in range of containers and facilities to Use them
- Improved targeting of turrets to prevent them getting stuck when aiming at e.g. snails
- Added debug option to remove placed turrets with a right click
- Updated music system transitions to no longer use a layered track system
- Tweaked positioning of beasts and hostile raiders during events to avoid them spawning inside bases; also fixed text/tooltips on the monster attack alert
- Fixed issue with hauling job trying to target corpses that are marked for removal from the scene
- Fixed issue that would cause a softlock when using the drill
- Fixed issue that would cause doors and other blocks to leave a ghost entity after breaking from damage
- Fixed issue that could cause trees to topple in the wrong direction in multiplayer
Changelog for PreAlpha3-Preview3a:
- NPCs will now attempt to use ladders (Work in progress)
- New mob: “Crab Claw” (/spawnmob crabClaw)
- New Day and Night tracks for Tundra biome
- New Main menu music
- Blocks will now have placement sounds that correspond to their material
- Turrets can now be picked up and moved
- Fixed issue that caused knife to keep damaging enemies around you even when not swinging
Can’t get enough Outworlder? Itching for the next colony? Try one of our communities and social media platforms!
Our Discord is our main community hub: look for people to play Outworlder with there!
Our other spaces are regularly updated