Hey everyone, 1.5.6 is out now.
It's a small patch that fixes a few bugs, adds a "quality of life" feature for multi-monitor users, and addresses a few gameplay inconsistencies that have been around for a long time (i.e. the hoe dirt under mature forage crops de-spawning, and indoor grass dying in winter)
- On multi-monitor setups, the game now remembers and restores on the last used monitor.
- Potential fix for a random crash that could occur at the end of the night.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the various farm types' wallpapers and floorings from applying when starting a new game.
- Fixed a bug where pressing ESC to dismiss the level up screen would dismiss the menu without applying the level up, causing it to reappear every night.
- Hoed dirt no longer decays under forage items on the farm. This ensures that dirt under freshly grown seasonal forage seeds can no longer disappear randomly.
- Grass placed indoors no longer dies when seasons change to Winter.
- Fixed being unable to harvest Tea Saplings placed on Garden Pots on Ginger Island.
- Fixed an issue where the Z key would be unbindable after resetting controls to the default.
- Fixed map screenshots not functioning on Linux.
- Updated Steamworks.NET to 20.0.0.
As always, thanks for playing Stardew Valley!
Hotfix at 1:00PM PST 12/22:
- Fixed a crash when starting the game in Compatibility mode on MacOS.
- Fixed being unable to move the game window from one desktop to another in certain monitor configurations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented selecting a profession using a gamepad. You should be able to re-select any missed professions the next day.
- Fixed garden pots automatically harvesting when moused over.
- Fixed Emily's patio decorations being one tile above where they should be.
Very minor update 1/18/2022 3:00PM PST:
- Some minor fixes to player/horse placement after triggering an event on the farm on horseback. This should solve an issue that could cause a farmhand to be stuck in a wall after viewing Leah's 6-heart event.
- Fixed a minor typo where the text when being knocked out in the volcano was flipped between the Korean and English localizations.
- Fixed exclusive fullscreen mode being off-center/sized incorrectly when Window's zoom is not set to 100% on non-compatibility branch builds.
- Added a failsafe to the whe maximize/windowed toggle button on the title screen to clamp to the upper-right corner of the current display in fullscreen mode.
- Hotfixes are now properly be reflected in the ingame version number.
- Minor change to how the Stardew valley logo is scaled on the title screen for resolutions with lower screen heights.
- Minor change to removed the numerical hotkey displays along the top of the inventory screen menu when playing on a controller.