Now that you all know what is coming up next post release (you should check the roadmap) we’ll bring back our useful tool, that served us so well in the Early Access. The test branch. No secret things that should remain hidden to create some tension. At least for a while. The big PLUS: it gets us a ton of feedback from you!
Let us dive in directly:
How to join the public staging?
Some of you probably have not done this before, so we have a small guide:
You must have Medieval Dynasty in your library – obviously.
- Open your game library.
- Right Click on Medieval Dynasty there.
- Open properties.
- Select the tab "BETAS".*
- Enter this password below the dropdown in the field:
- Press CHECK CODE
- Use the drop down and select “release_build_staging”. This is the public stage.
- Press Close
Steam should now download this version of the game.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE SAVE YOUR LIVE VERSION SAVES GAME BEFORE ACCESSING THE PUBLIC STAGING BUILD!
Just in case something goes awry!
Saves can be found here:
AppData > Local > Medieval_Dynasty > Saved > SaveGames
*Steam labels all those builds as "betas” albeit they’re not betas, so do not be too confused!
- Tracker skill additionally highlights blood
- New sounds for Planning Wood in Woodshed
- Three new dialogues sounds for male child (1 voice color): Farewell, First time greeting, greeting
- One of the signposts shows the wrong direction to Lesnica
- Wrong descriptions for some items in the crafting menu
- Some locations randomized on the map have incorrect amounts of items
- Fish is flying out of the water after getting hit
- NPCs eating or drinking from invisible items
- If NPC is target of two quests and one requires items to deliver it sometimes blocks other quest from completing until required items are present
- Empty Buckets of Water on the map
- "Eat" text for drinking items instead of "drink"
- Recurve bow technology mismatch
- Technology unlocked schemes count mismatch for gates
- Input for drink in HUD for empty waterskin
- Affection is not visible for villagers owned by player
- "Missing string table entry" for builder's hut's chest
- The icon for "stew" shows a beet root, but there are no beet roots in the stew.
- "Crafting" technology instead of "production" in radial menus
- Iron spiked cudgel scheme missing in smithy III
- Temporary fix for rare situation where tutorial videos or cutscene could freeze the game (black screen will remain but shouldn't freeze game)
- Player being able to use tools before finishing dismounting
- Items in villages sometimes restore themselves.
- Fields and orchards sometimes placed incorrectly.
- Uniegost returns after Story Uniegost VII
- Sometimes Alwin returns after Alwins Story IX
- Fenenna stays in the village after she said she would leave the valley
- If an item fell on herbalist workbench it was impossible to pick it up.
- Sometimes after giving taxes their paid status did not save on autosave.
- "Animal overcrowding" quest sometimes did not give rewards.
- Strider achievement not working (if the player visited every village on their save already the achievement should unlock after going to any of them)
- Bandits causing performance issues after getting killed
- Alwin introducing himself as Racimir in the first dialogue of Alwin I side quest.
- Spears do not fly through animal legs anymore; they bounce off instead.
- Increased brightness at night
- Hurt prey animals are now slowed down to 40% of their max speed
- Aggresive animals are now slowed down when entering fleeing state
- Animals will now stay still for a little bit on first hit with a projectile
- More tracks during the search for Hugo
- Text for objective to get crossbow for domagoj changed for better clarity
- Domagoj's crossbow can be a wooden crossbow in Uniegost VI
- Removed left side hit animation from Hammer, Pickaxe, Axe and Cudgel
- Player won't be able to shoot underwater
- Increased attack range for fox and badger
- Increased attach chance for spears
- Disabled starving hunter quest.
- Henbane now only removes 2% alcohol but only increases poison by 2%.
- Polish updated
- German updated
- French updated
- Spears do not bounce off animals now when hit beside legs