The public version of the Build Anywhere Update is now live! Thank you again to everyone who played early versions of this massive update and helped us to test and tweak the new features.
The main feature of this update is a brand new building system. Instead of pre-determined spots for building facilities, you can now build everything wherever you like on your ranch. This includes foundations, floor, walls, doors, stairs, roofs, coops, barn, fences, feeders and preserving bins for meat and cheese products. Oh, and you can now paint freebuild objects, coops and fences in whatever colors you choose! Head to the new hardware store to find a color machine.
We've also introduced a more optimised map, pig breeding, a hardware store and more! Read on for the full patch notes.
IMPORTANT: This update resets your progress!
As previously mentioned, this update wipes your saves. The major changes to the building system sadly means that old saves will no longer be compatible.
For those of you who HAVE NOT played the unstable early version(s) of this update: Your progress will reset when you install and play this update.
For those of you who HAVE played the unstable early version(s) of this update: As long as you have stayed on the unstable branch since switching over to it, you are now safe to switch back over to the public branch. You will not lose your progress again.
More information can be found here.
Build Anywhere Update Full Patch Notes
- New, optimised map;
- Larger ranch territory;
- New construction system: you will receive a construction book containing blueprints for you to build anywhere on your Ranch;
- New construction objects, all found in the construction manual. Includes items like: foundations, floor, walls, doors, stairs, roofs, coops, barn, fences, feeders, prefabricated houses, lamps and preserving bins for meat and cheese products.
- Added functionality to the hardware store and revamped the building. You can purchase tools, building materials (wood planks, concrete, metal rebars), lawnmowers, trailers and buckets of paint from the color machine and more;
- Changed the line of introductory quests, added in the new building system;
- Female pig has been added to the game;
- Pig breeding has been added. When a male pig and a female pig are together, they are likely to breed. This will result in the female pig giving birth to piglets (of varying amounts), those piglets will follow the mother around;
- Added a Granary and Windmill to automatically refill all food and water troughs;
- Added ability to repaint some of the buildings that you can construct, like the free-build objects, coops and fences;
- Added ability to demolish old wooden barn and garage;
- Added speedometer and changed fuel indicator;
- Planks can now be stacked in your hands up to a maximum of 8;
- Electronic radio station with 30 tracks added.
- Sun direction adjusted;
- Fixed disappearing sounds from the saw;
- Fixed disappearing chickens / roosters from player's hands;
- Improved loading speed of the game;
- Maximum animal step height adjusted.
Your support, feedback and bug reports are hugely appreciated, so do keep it coming! See you in August for the next update!