This updates includes several small fixes, with some more important gameplay bug fixes in the mix.
One change I wanted to point out especially is the "Pet Charming Multiplier" bug. As it turns out, the pet mini-game has been far more difficult than we intended, because the timed-hit and interest multipliers were broken! With this update, the interest level and timed-hits will make a significant difference in how quickly animals can be befriended!
The patch also addresses a few important UI usability issues, some camera adjustments, a few issues that could cause a puzzle to become stuck and unfinished, and some minor performance improvements.
- Fixed pet charming timed-hit multipliers not always displaying
- Fixed pet charming timed-hit multipliers not taking full effect
- Fixed lit fuses getting stuck mid-animation after it has been reactivated while the end animation was still playing
- Fixed rare cases where the warp wells in Vigil Pines could cause the character to slip out of the dungeon and under the main map
- Fixed one of the ladders in the Forest trials where the character could fall behind it and get become trapped [final ladder at the end of the water room puzzle]
- Fixed a ladder bug where the player characters could become stuck permanently in a ladder pose (Gloia could exit this pose with her hammer, but Horbir was trapped forever)
- Fixed UI Scale settings not properly being restored
- Fixed Artifact description popup to work with UI Scales > 1.0
CHANGES AND BALANCING
- Reduced how jumpy the camera can be in tight spaces
- Increased the Sprint Stamina heal rate
- Slightly increased the Jackalope befriending difficulty (to counter pet charming timed-hit fixes)
- Reduced timed-hit multipliers (to counter pet charming timed-hit fixes)
- Added something to the Alternate Climb puzzle to reduce confusion when finding it before having the tools to complete it
- Reduced the game launch time before the title menu for some systems
- Memory optimisations
- Reduced the frequency of Steam queries for achievements