Update 1.5.2 is here. Below are the notes for this round of tests. Happy test hunting!
- Hunters will now make noise when damaged by poison effects such as clouds (poison bolts etc) and the Hive swarms.
- “Doctor Grunts” will now drop unusable medkits if they are damaged by explosives or fire. This is to bring it more in line with Scrapbeak (explosive custom ammo has been excluded and will not cause this effect).
- The weapons held by Scrapbeak now have the correct sounds and damage types applied.
Bolt action logic
- We have made some changes to the reload logic tied to some of our Bolt-action Weapons. Weapons like the Lebel and Mosin would usually lose a bullet when reloading (if you do not have the Bulletgrubber trait). Now, you will no longer lose the bullet if you reload right
Hunter control scheme improvements
- We have made some slight changes to the “Hunter” control scheme in the hope to improve the overall smoothness of the setup. These improvements will help to reduce the chances of performing unwanted melee attacks when you intend to shoot. As long as the aim button is held, you hunter will not attempt to perform a melee attack.
- Crown & King Auto-5 balance pass:
- Increased sway when aiming down sights.
- Slightly reduced rate of fire (but not too much to reduce its semi-auto feel).
- Flechette Ammo:
- Can now one-hit-kill (OHK) if enough pellets connect with the head (9m for long/medium barrel shotguns, 8m for small barrel).
- While this range might feel quite far, in practise this will only really be effective with a precise headshot in close quarters.
- Dum-Dum ammo (Nitro Express):
- Increased the OHK range for the Nitro express Dum-Dum with Upper torso shots (extended kill range of 15m).
- The same downsides towards AI still apply so this change is aimed at the ammo type for the Nitro to be less flexible and more tailored to Hunting players.
- Consistency pass to all medium and short barrel shotguns:
- Adjustments made to make these weapons more reliable and less prone to encounter odd RNG behaviour at longer ranges.
- Changes do not apply to the Romero Handcannon and Romero Hatchet.
Sparks LLR – Animation update:
- We have updated the animations of the Sparks LRR family rifle to be more in line with their real-life counterparts. This change is based on some recent feedback from a weapons expert reaction video created by IGN. (Thanks for the tips folks, we really appreciate it!)
- The camera rotation speed can now be limited during a selection if hold interactions such as reviving or looting hunters.
- This limit effect will only apply if the rotational input is consistently and unrealistically high.
- Infrequent and quick turns for orientation will NOT have this effect applied (general movement will not be impacted by this change).
- Hunters will not briefly suffer a movement speed penalty if they crouch too many times in a very short space of time.
- Spacing the crouches to every other second will not trigger this penalty.
2nd Wave of Custom Ammo
Added additional Custom Ammo types to the following weapons and weapon families:
- Caldwell Rival 78 – Penny Shot Custom Ammo.
- Specter 1882 – Penny Shot Custom Ammo.
- Caldwell Conversion Uppercut – Added Explosive Custom Ammo.
- Winfield 1887 Terminus – Slug Custom Ammo.
- Crown & King Auto-5 – Slug Custom Ammo.
- When firing slugs, the Auto-5 produces noticeably stronger recoil between shots to balance this out against other weapons and ammo types.
- Sparks LRR – Added Full Metal Jacket Custom Ammo
- Added Winfield Centennial Sniper variant for $298
- Legendary Weapons
- Added the Legendary Mosin Nagant M1891 “Bears Tooth”
- This is the winner of the 3 Year Anniversary Weapon Skin Contest
- Added for 0 Blood Bonds (just claim it in the store!)
- Increased the price of the Slugs custom ammo to $200 (previously $150)
- Winfield 1876 Centennial price reduced to $277 (previously $338)
- The stats tied to Explosive and Slugs custom ammo have been updated to be more representative of how the weapons work (no changes have been made to the weapons themselves).
“Hold” interactions will now display text under the progress circle to indicate which action you are performing:
“Healing” while using Health Stations or the First Aid Kit
“Healing Teammate” while using the First Aid Kit on a teammate
“Investigating Clue” or “Closing Rift”
“Stopping Bleeding” or “Stopping Burning” or both while stopping status effects
New “server” notification icons have been added to better communicate issues that may come up – such as server performance issues, packet loss, increased latency etc.
For detailed explanations of what each icon means can be found in the game manual.
Improvements made to the HUD visuals for better readability:
Ammo count display have moved and realigned with the right side of the health bar.
Indicators (crouching, talking, out of breath) icons have been updated and moved to the left side of the health bar.
The Dark sight Boost icon has been repositioned to the left side of the screen, fixing several overlapping issues in the process.
The scrollbar visuals in the menus have been updated for better readability.
The unnecessary “sell all” button have been removed from the store and the roster screens.
A pop-up will appear to notify of automatically claimed rewards of the daily challenges.
Performance & Stability
- Fixed several occurrences of client and game server crashes.
- Implemented additional logging to help us investigate issues where players are stuck in the loading screen.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to lure Scrapbeak out of the boss arena.
- Bosses will now be correctly affected by fire damage while in frenzy mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused AI to be slower to react to triggers from players over longer distances.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons in the Winfield family to be incorrectly cocked twice (double levering)
- Fixed an issue with the Crown & King where the reload action continued for too long causing the animation to become stuck for longer than intended.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the reload of the Quad Derringer to be cancelled early resulting in a faster reload.
- Fixed an issue where the LeMat Revolver could play the chamber spin animation while using the shotgun.
- Fixed an issue where the switch from a crossbow to secondary weapon was slower than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the spread of the Dolch Precision while in iron sights to be higher than intended.
- Fixed an issue that could result in being stuck in ADS for too long when using the flare gun.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in not being able to charge a melee attack after fanning/levering and then switching to another weapon.
- Fixed an issue that could cause melee attacks to not break concertina wire depending on the angle of attack.
- Fixed a bug that caused chaos bolts to become stuck in the air when used to kill a horse.
- Fixed a bug where world items thrown while using the tomahawk trait would not break windows.
- Fixed a bug where world items thrown while using the tomahawk trait that become stuck in walls, could damage nearby players when passing the item.
- Fixed an issue that caused the crows around Scrapbeak’s Lair to be invisible.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple barrels to spawn in the same location.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a corner of a resupply station.
- Fixed a small gap in the floor at Lockbay Docks.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to walk along the wall at Alive Farm allowing them to vault into the upper floor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck in the vegetation near Catfish Grove.
- Fixed a spot in Port Reeker where players could get stuck on the boat.
- Fixed an area in Reynard Mill & Lumber where players could get stuck in a corner.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck in the vegetation near Stillwater Bend.
- Fixed a bug that caused some objects to render out too quickly in Catfish Grove.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in being able to see some bright lights through the gaps in the wall in the basement of Darrow Livestock.
- Fixed a small gap in the floor at Blanchett Graves.
- Fixed some floating trees near Blanchett Graves.
- Fixed a bug that could caused players to become stuck under the bridge north of The Chapel of Madonna Noire.
- Fixed a spot at Alain & Son’s Fish where players could climb to an area that should not be accessible.
- Fixed some floating ravens that could appear when Scrapbeak is in Scupper Lake.
- Fixed some floating ravens that could appear when Scrapbeak is in The Chapel of Madonna Noire.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck in the vegetation at Alain & Son’s Fish.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from interacting the weapon spawn in the hut southeast of Golden Acres.
- Fixed some misplaced corn plants that appeared outside the cornfield next to Salter’s Pork.
- Fixed a misplaced box that appeared in the wall at the east gate entrance of Prison.
- Fixed a bug that could result in players being pushed below the map in instances when standing to close to the window shutters while attempting to close them at Prison.
- Fixed some floating mailbag props in the Post Office at Lawson Station.
- Adjusted some floating branches outside Golden Acres.
- Adjusted some floating grass outside Wolfshead Arsenal.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from interacting with some world items at C&A Lumber.
- Fixed a spot in Blanc Brinery where players could become stuck when Scrapbeak’s lair was present in this compound.
- Fixed a small gap in the staircase at the south of Maw Battery.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the bosses from, following a specific path to get to hunters at Hemlock & Hide.
- Fixed several collision issues that could occur with the Staircases at Fort Carmick.
- Fixed an issue on the store page that caused some items to be missing or have the incorrect search tags.
- Fixed several issues related to the maintenance messages that display in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the skill comparison arrows could potentially show the incorrect information.
- Fixed the missing “throwable” icon for the choke bomb.
- Fixed an issue where the slot selection would not jump to the next free slot when replacing contraband items with new ones.
Bugs and known issues are not yet complete. Bugs will be updated soon, known issues will be available once the update has been pushed to the Live servers.
~The Hunt Team.