Greetings, Tinkerers & Tycoons!
Today we're happy to share the next patch for Good Company with you. Not only happy, but relieved! Because it contains fixes for some bugs that not only have had unpleasant consequences, they also were quite hard to reproduce. Thanks to the detailed reports from the community these issues are now history, and you can look forward to playing more smoothly again. Should you still note any irregularities – or spot new ones – don't hesitate to let us know!
All the best
Your Chasing Carrots
(Don't forget to switch to the beta branch in your Steam game options!)
Patch Notes v0.9.3
We have added a better scoring system for logistics workers to decide the order connections will be handled. This affects manual and automatic logistics.
- It is more important to serve input slots than output slots (*2)
- This means: the maximum score is 3 for a connection without further modifiers (empty target = 2, full source = 1)
- If a target inventory is (almost) empty it gets a high priority, starting from item stock below 30% (up to +1)
- Conveyor end segments will be prioritized more often – empty target inventories are often higher ranked (+1.5)
- Conveyor start segments will get a lower score than other target inventories (*0.55)
- Pallets as the target will get a lower score on average than shelves (*0.3)
- In case a pallet is the only target (eg. selling products) the score is increased (*2.15)
General note on connection scoring:
This system checks the difference between source and target inventories for each possible connection and gives them a score. Logistic employees choose tasks first that have a higher score. Up until now, the system rated all inventories the same, except for Conveyor start segments.
The scoring checks for relative item amounts in inventories, not absolute amounts. So if you reserve more space for certain items in shelves the initial scoring might be strongly influenced. When you have a higher throughput for certain item types, reserving more space for it is advantageous for the scoring system.
- Fixed that the achievement “Avoiding the Reds” in campaign level 3 didn't properly trigger.
- If you load a save game that fulfills the requirements (completed the first trophy without ever going below 0 G), the achievement gets unlocked
- Fixed: the first analysis table in level 4 got locked for tutorial purposes but didn't get unlocked again after the research tutorial was over
- Fixed that the game input could become unresponsive after interacting with text input fields (e.g. in the retriever segment panel)
- Fixed obsolete but non-deletable pallet reservations (e.g. by a crafting table with override settings)
- Fixed an issue with the end of the conveyor belt failing to push items into a correctly placed receiver (other conveyor belt, automatic storage, etc.) after the conveyor belt had been initially built in the opposite direction than the one indicated by the construction hologram. If this problem occurs in your save game, please try to rebuild the end of the conveyor belt.
- Fixed some policies requiring specific module types didn't properly detect those modules (mostly cases) to apply their buff.