New Circuits System
This release is the debut of a brand new Circuits system (known as "Circuits V2" to differentiate from the existing Circuits). Circuits V2 is a powerful new system for creating interactive stuff in your rooms! Check out resources here for more info:
Things to know:
- This is the first of many Circuits V2 releases. You can expect us to regularly release updates, improvements, and new functionality now that the system is live.
- Circuits V1 isn't going anywhere. It will stay around to power existing creations, and you're welcome to keep using it - especially since there are still some things that V1 can do that V2 can't do yet (e.g., animation). Eventually we'll put Circuits V1 into "legacy" mode, meaning it will still work and receive bug fixes, but it'll be hidden by default in the palette. At that point, V2 will just be "Circuits" =]
We can't wait to see what you build with the new Circuits system!
New Room Settings
The Room Settings pages have a whole new look and even more features creators can use to customize their rooms! Following the style of the new store and play pages, the room settings have been updated and improved with new UI.
Feature improvements include:
- Easily change your room name, cover image and description from inside the game (Thanks for waiting on this!)
- Customize your room's loading screen
- Choose any photo from your room's photo roll to use as a cover or loading screen image
- Rooms may now have one main category tag (#pvp, #hangout, #game, #quest or #art) and up to 5 custom tags to help players find your room
- Room creators may now designate a different player as the room creator or delete the room (Careful, only the room creator has full control over the room settings, and deleted rooms are gone forever!)
- The new subroom management page allows you to add, clone, and delete subrooms from a room
- Quickly move a subroom to any other room you own
- Max player count for a room can be set to either the size of the smallest entry subroom, or the size of the smallest subroom (great for #game and #quest rooms that have a tutorial subroom)
New Party Menu
- Added a dedicated Party tab to the People menu.
- This lets you see who is currently in your party.
- "Invite to Party" button lets you select and invite multiple friends or nearby players to party up.
- Fixes a bug where UI buttons could drift if clicked too fast.
- Fixes a bug where UI buttons played multiple click sounds for a single click.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented users from undoing a deletion of an object, or redoing creation of an object that was recently undone.
- Fixed ears turning on unintentionally for old saved outfits.
- Lowered the chance of having a beard when randomizing the avatar.
- New setting "Show Voice Lines" so players on all platforms can turn this off and take cleaner screen recordings. Find it in the watch settings, advanced tab, next to Show Names.
- Fixed an issue where hitboxes could be missing on players.
- Fixed an exploit where spamming pickup would prevent hit detection.
As always, thanks for playing Rec Room!
Please see here for convenient links to controls, tutorials, comfort options, etc.: https://recroom.com/community
We love to hear your feedback, so please don't hesitate to let us know what you think...