Release Version II is getting very close! R-II Beta VI, the sixth and possibly last beta for Release Version II, has been released. This one is quite small and focused on bugs and minor adjustments/additions.
- Smilers can appear on other levels now.
- Box chances and Level 5 Artifacts have been changed.
- Added a blood overlay for when your health gets low.
- The Smiler Event on Level 2 has received a bit of an upgrade.
- Level 11's generation has been improved again, specifically in smaller buildings.
- Level 10 now has decorative hay bales.
- The credits screen has been heavily expanded, and now features more playtesters and article links.
- Tabbing out of the game or pausing it will cancel key strokes.
- Completing Level 8 will now notify the player that they've unlocked Level 9.
- Once you complete Level 8, you don't have to watch the ending cut scene again.
- Save Files now list the level you were on next to the Save File Name.
- New Save Files are properly identified now.
- NEEDS TESTING: Old save files (should) load into the new save file system. May/may not work.
This may be it for the betas. As long as I only have to do small fixes between now and next week, Release Version II will come out in no more than 2 weeks. Please find some time to test this beta so that Release Version II's release can be as smooth as possible!