Some good infrastructure work in this update to lay the ground for the future.
The major news here is that I've started to add events to the game. At present they are so few in number, and so rare, that you might not see them at all unless you get lucky. I will be adding more over time so that in due course they should start to be a regular feature in the game. But I want to keep them relatively original and non-repetitious, so it'll take a while.
My philosophy here is that the events should be relevant to what's actually going on in some way. That means the events will be triggered by the personality/attribute scores of fighters on the team, or by something that happened in the match, or an achievement of some sort.
Of course some will be truly random.
There is also some code in place now for fighter relationships, although it's not fully implemented yet. Relationships will be an event feature, coming up over time and developing. I won't give too much away on what might happen, but there will obviously be in-game consequences of these relationships. Expect this in the coming couple of months.
- Added the very first events.
- Created ‘choice’ events that allow for player decisions. At present there is only one (very rare) example but I’ll be adding more now I have the infrastructure in place.
UI / Presentation
- Added tutorial pop-ups for Mood and Condition when they impact a fight.
- Minor amendments and corrections to other tooltips to account for balancing changes in the last few weeks.
- Added an option to watch the match play out by itself – a type of ‘live’ quick sim.
- Corrected streak reporting for non-league-leaders on starting battle
- Fixed a bug that was preventing certain weekly tutorials from popping up
- Fixed incorrect gender references in news items about expiring contracts.
- Fixed table sorting in graveyard