After a long break we are back with more MKW updates. Apologies for the delay, and to make up for it we are working on the second MKW update right away - and plan to launch our 26th update towards the end of next week.
s update we have worked on a full rework of the tutorial campaign. One of MKWs biggest issues was introducing new players to the game - with many giving up after the first few tutorial levels. The reworked tutorial is now much faster, easier and streamlined, while using most of the same content. So far several tutorial levels have been updated and we plan to finish this work for the next update.
We also looked into resolving a few long standing issues effecting some players, however most of the focus was on the tutorial campaign. In the update next week we are bringing a lot of new features and bug fixes to MKW, as we`ll be copying some of the progress made on Kingdom Wars: Plague to MKW - with improvements for AI, performance as well as doing some balancing work.
We can`t wait to share the next update with you, and once again sorry for the delay.
And now lets take a look at what changes our 25th update brings
Changes and Additions
- Various performance improvements to most of the tutorial campaign
- Shortened introductory cinematic
- Intro cinematic update with some new visuals and scene mods
- First campaign chapter made 10 minutes shorter
- Redesigned intro cinematic for ch1
- Various bug fixes and improvements for ch1
- Shortened and polished ch2
- Ch3 redesigned to be much faster, up to 15 minutes faster
- Various polish and fixes for Ch3
- Various fixes and polish for Ch4
- Fixed issue on repaid and rebuild of gates
- Fixed a bug with gate rebuilding taking very long time
- AI will no longer spawn too many ballista and catapults
- Fix AI build order issues related to siege weapons
- Fixed rare crash when selecting units
- Improvements to lag spike when selecting units for the first time
- Minor balancing improvements for higher tier units being a bit too OP
- Fixed startup issues on some system starting the game with no sound