The changes include:
- The hotbar can now have multiple pages.
- Changed rendering, which is much faster with many entries.
- Changing the grid format is now quicker and moving the window with 1000 Hz mouse polling rate on Windows 10 Build 19041 or newer lags less.
Hotkeys and Auto Keys
- Added option, which allows to assign hotkeys to a row rather than to a sound. Pressing the hotkey will play the sound at the row of the currently selected category (File -> Preferences -> Hotkeys -> Same hotkeys in all categories).
- Fixed: Using undo, after setting a random category hotkey, which overwrote a sound file hotkey, didn't restore the hotkey of the sound file.
- Changed hotkey prioritization. Hotbar hotkeys now have a higher priority than random category hotkeys or sound file hotkeys. If you load a sound list, which contains sounds with hotkeys, that are already in use by the hotbar, then the hotkeys of the hotbar will prevail.
- Fixed detection of fullscreen windows in multi-monitor setups for the Auto Key rule Press when foreground application is fullscreen.
- Fixed Auto Keys being affected by the state of num lock, when used with particular keys like Home or End.
- Changed Alt+Numcode recognition. It now takes the last key down on the numpad into account even if Alt is released before the numpad key.
- Fixed: Alt+Numcode hotkeys on hotbar entries weren't saved correctly and vanished upon next start.
- Attributes of special hotkeys are now shown in the hotkey overview, e.g. Volume up by 5% instead of just Volume up by.
Installer and compatibility updates
- On certain audio devices Soundpad wasn't working in Skype, Lync, Microsoft Teams and similar voice applications, because they used DSP offloading, which bypassed Soundpad. This update contains a workaround to bypass their bypass. To apply it: Go to File -> Preferences -> Devices, deselect your microphone, apply, then select it again and Restart Win-Audio or your computer.
- Fixed another problem with Nahimic related driver incompatibilities (requires reinstalling of Soundpad).
- Fixed general incompatibility with Microsoft's Surface Pro, Microsoft's Surface Laptops, Monster Tulpar Laptops and HP Envy Laptops (requires reinstalling of Soundpad).
- Fixed another conflict with WAVES MAXXAUDIO (requires reinstalling of Soundpad).
Remote control interface
- Updated the remote control interface to version 1.1.1.
- Added method: DoPlaySoundFromCategory. See reference implementation for details.
- Added ACL to the interface, so UWP apps can access it.
- Calls from command line are now also logged when logRcCalls is enabled.
- Updated return codes to contain additional information about errors.
- The sound recorder now negotiates differently with the audio drivers about the audio format. That should accommodate flaws of the drivers and fix the 88890008 error for many devices.
- Audio files with format changes inside the stream can now be decoded properly.
- Rename or delete categories on key down.
- Fixed NumDel deleting the selected category, although NumDel was assigned as a hotkey and should've been blocked.
- Added minimum size to the main window in the dark and light themes. It's not possible to resize the window until it is completely gone anymore.
- Show correct SteamID in the About dialog instead of the multiseat account id.
- Fixed wrong position of the register button in the About dialog.
- Fixed crash if the Media Feature Pack is installed, but its resampler module is missing or broken.
- Fixed occasional crash when Soundpad is launched by adding a sound from Meowpad. The sound import will now wait for Soundpad to fully initialize first.
- Fixed occasional error message on exit of Soundpad, when the working copy of the sound list couldn't be saved on the first try.
- The error message, that is shown if a save operation fails, now also contains an error code.
- Fixed logger: Log level was falsely reset from NOLOG to INFO.
- Fixed some typos in German translation.
Changed files in this update