Hey Space Nerds,
Here is another quick update for Tiny Space Academy. This update includes a revamp of the docking mechanic as well as a few new features and bug fixes
• New Docking Mechanic – docking is still performed the same way, but what happens after you dock has completely changed. Now when you dock, the space crafts merge into one. They will share power, rotation, abilities, and staging. They basically become one giant single spacecraft. You can of course still undock to separate. The benefit of this comes when you are designing complex space stations with multiple attachments. The other significant benefit is that it improves game performance and reduces related bugs.
• New Fuel Transfer Mechanic – Due to the change in the docking mechanic, I had to redesign the fuel transfer system. Now when you have more than two fuel tanks in one rocket whether you are docked or not, a fuel transfer button will appear. When pressed, a list of fuel tanks will appear on the top left. Here you can select and drag the tank you want to transfer. That simple.
• Added module Z layering to Assembly Editor Tools
• Active Rockets list are now organized by planet
• Added Min/Max Thrust hot keys
• Cheats no longer disable achievements
• When Editor Tools are open, selecting a module no longer drags it. Selecting it twice will enable dragging.
• Main Menu Earth clouds now rotate
• Fixed rocket loses planet focus
• Fixed saved rocket designs astronaut load
• Fixed tutorial exit atmosphere detection
• Fixed assembly staging and editor tools open at same time
• Fixed reverse RCS bug
Changed files in this update