Hello, everyone. Today we launch the final chapter of the game! For the first time since we entered early access you can take the fight to Dragore in The Otherworld to complete your quest. You'll learn new spells, fight new enemies, solve new puzzles and everything else you've come to expect from a new chapter. It's time to avenge your slain master, Serafin! The Otherworld awaits!
This new chapter brings the average playtime of the game up to around 15 hours making us one of the longest games in VR! Naturally, there's more in this update than just new content. A lot of tweaks and bug fixes have made it in thanks to the feedback we've received from you all and you can read about them in the full patch notes below.
Additions and Improvements
- Added the final chapter to the game!
- Expanded the story of the game by adding visitations from Master Abardon's spirit throughout your adventure.
- Destruction Shrines now increase your destruction spell damage by 20% instead of 10%.
- Arrows imbued with destruction magic now deal elemental damage, making them stronger/weaker against enemies depending on their resistances.
- Further optimized many of the outdoor areas of the game.
- Archer enemies are now increasingly less accurate on lower difficulties, and can no longer shoot down at near 90 degree angles.
- Goblin mages can no longer cast AoEs at your feet if they can't see you on novice difficulty, and are less likely to on apprentice difficulty.
- Chain lightning damage is now displayed slightly offset of other damage to avoid overlap.
- Captain Ghostbeard's ship will no longer rock side to side if using teleport locomotion to avoid motion sickness for those prone to it.
- Added a chest variant to the game that's locked by burnable brambles.
- Increased the minimum range to start casting a two handed spell when holding something in your offhand to make the gesture more forgiving.
- Changed the phrasing on certain locked doors/objects to make their status less vague and avoid potential wasted time if they can't be opened.
- Trash mobs in the Spider Queen encounter spawn a little more slowly in the later stages of the fight.
- Added hints to the Heart of the Mountain (Stone Golem) fight at the end of chapter 1.
Corrections and Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where your hand would become unresponsive if you tried to grab an enemy arrow from your body when your quiver was empty.
- Fixed a bug where you could skip over a large section of the Heart of the Mountain boss fight if you had previously made it to the final phase of the fight and died.
- Fixed a bug where dying while casting a two handed spell would spawn you back with the effect stuck in your hands.
- Fixed a bug where boulders in the Heart of the Mountain fight would still deal damage to you on contact after having become stationary.
- Fixed a bug where you could launch all of the ballista bolts off the tower in the Seraf fight with a Kinetic Thrust, preventing you from progressing and having to reload the fight.
- Corrected some nav mesh issues in the Seraf fight that would allow you to stand somewhere Seraf couldn't reach you.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ocean around Godly Island to flicker when looked at from certain angles.
- Fixed some misfiring sound effects on Godly Island.
This patch brings us much closer to finally shedding this early access tag and entering full release! We still have a little more polish we'd like to add before we do that, though. Namely, we'd like to add a faster means of travel between the different zones to make backtracking less of a chore, update the tutorial to be less walls of text and have more visual demonstrations, improve the presentation of a few small things, further optimize the game where we can and of course squash any additional bugs we may find. As always, we'll be on the constant lookout for feedback here on Steam and in our discord. If you have any feedback to help us improve the game before exiting early access, please don't hesitate to share it! That's it for now. Happy adventuring, everyone!