As you might have heard - after long 20 months, we have finally reached the Alpha milestone. And while we still have tons of work ahead of us, with the foundation of the game complete we feel it
s a good time to finally start to market the game and invite new players (who dont mind the early access WIP status of the game and want to help us grow and improve it.
Same time - Alpha milestone opens up room for us to finally get to the very big and fun projects. Our priorities for the rest of the spring are:
-Making entire solar system playable with all the planets, moons, star bases all working
-Complete the mid and late game resources and component list - with dozens of new resources to make colonizing entire solar system needed
-These resources in turn will be used in the mid to late game crafting tree - going from cool things like shields, biochems, lasers, light speed warping, and the final game goal - constructing GIANT capital ships (like the one you spawn on)
-We are also finally unveiling the new network game engine that`s been in work for months - it will allow our servers to run smoothly with thousand of players instead of a hundred, as well as correct countless minor bugs
-And finally full on offline singleplayer, and CMD dedicated hosting.
We can`t wait to share this with you - later this spring and early summer.
The Biggest Sale
Today we are starting the biggest sale on Stars End we ever had - with 61% off, in order to bring more players. This might be the best deal on the game for a very long time, so if your thinking Stars End might be your game in the future, but hesitant to buy it until it`s complete - this might be a good opportunity. As we get further in development and launch the game the price will increase.
And we really excited to see the new players and meet you online - myself, and other developers and mods will be present in game chat, as well as discord and steam forums (during the next week) to meet you, collect feedback, and maybe even play together.
Also, we have a follow up update today (parts of this update been patched over the past few days - VERY sorry about large downloads).
P.S. We`ll have complete translation of the game to all supported languages complete later next week.
- Fixed all issues with trees not falling when collecting them
- Claim management use new interaction system.
- Bushes now give both fiber and wood sticks. Depending on the type amounts of each vary
- Show notifications when harvesting resources from bushes
- Balanced loot that all animals give to make it fare to get a lot more from tougher creatures
- Added proper visual terminal to interact with for refineries and capturable territory hubs
- Additional fixes for various Sync problems
- Ferry from BP Orbital to Redberry is now faster
- Fixed issue with the camera while swimming in TPS mode
- Optimization for the Respawn Space Ship
- Fixed issue with dark lighting on the Respawn Space Ship
- Dropping the prologue now automatically gives you the tutorial mission
- The escape pod now remembers your last used camera setting when returning you to player mode on landing
- layers can now open or close escape pod doors
- Harper now gives a UC Officers Hoodie in addition to the others (Flight suit replacing all this asap!)
- Fixed an issue with the tooltip delay on NPC's and it now plays properly for Harper
- Disabled INFO vehicle Pickup with notification to player - to be reenabled soon