Hey there Guardians!
Here’s a quick fix for some of the crashes, bugs and unintended behaviors of the Spring Update. We also wanted to take this opportunity to say a few words about the game and our work in general.
As you all know, the game’s in Early Access, for us it’s the right time to make mistakes if we have to. It also means that your feedback is really important to us, we’re reading them all and trying to take into consideration anything that we consider is hurting the fun of the game.
In the Spring Update, we reworked all four classes and it was a challenging task, which is not complete yet. We’re still unhappy with the current Commando’s passive and overall identity as well as with the Engineer’s Mining Laser which you have been numerous to point out. We will be improving them!
In that regard, we really love to hear your suggestions regarding new Perks for each class. We therefore decided to create a new channel on Discord to listen specifically to perk-suggestions. If you are on the Steam forums, we’ll be reading those posted in the Suggestion & Feedback forums, adding [Perk Suggestion] at the beginning of your thread title will make sure we don’t miss it! So if you feel creative or simply have ideas on that side, we can’t wait to read you!
That being said, let’s move on to the 0.4.1 hotfix!
Patch Notes 0.4.1
🍉 These changes were requested or suggested by the community
• Enemy health scaling per level reduced
• Enemy health scaling reduced in Multiplayer
• Engineer’s Mining Laser tickrate increased by 50%
Developer’s Note: This is just a temporary fix to increase the damage and farm rate of scrap. Like mentioned above, we’ll be looking at modifying this aspect of the Engineer in a more satisfying way.
🍉 Fixed an issue with the ‘Bounce’ affix not properly propelling projectiles
• The ‘Bounce’ and ‘Pierce’ weapon affixes no longer affect alt-fires (and only affect primary fires)
Developer’s Note: A lot of alt-fires were not designed or were losing their utility when bouncing off walls or piercing targets and we therefore decided to prevent those affixes from affecting alt-fires.• Dual Crossbows can no longer roll the ‘First Round’ affix
Developer’s Note: For now ‘First Round’ only works with hitscan weapons, it obviously is a bug and we’ll be extending it to projectile-based weapons in the future.
• Jetpack is now working in the levels and not only in the Basecamp
• Picking the Jetpack now properly sets your gadget slots to 2/2
• Switching classes in the Basecamp no longer breaks the gadget slot counter
• Equipping gadgets now properly updates the gadget counter
• You can no longer walk through the ‘Under Construction’ door in Haven City
• The Boss Arena in Quarry is now shown on the map
Text & Localization
• The [Health] tag is now replaced by a proper term in the Repair-o-Bot upgrade description (and all other places where it is used)
• Polish language name properly named ‘Polski’ instead of ‘Polskie’, we’re really sorry for this mistake
Cosmetic / Quality of Life
• There is now a Wrench counter displayed in the Perk Selector
• The ‘Blast Shotgun’ can no longer roll the ‘Pierce’ affix twice
• Drones now properly follow you in the Boss arena
• Client players will no longer be sent to a level loading screen after the game over menu
• You will no longer be stuck in the loading screen if your brobot disconnects during that time
• Pausing the game while opening the Perk Selector will no longer lock the game in pause-mode
• Fixed some occurrences where the client player did not have any sound in the Basecamp
• Hero Cloak should feel more responsive when playing as the Client player