Hey everyone! This patch includes some stability improvements and crucial bug fixes for a few issues that were introduced in the note highway update. Thanks to everyone who let us know of these bugs in the #bug-reports channel in our Discord! We also put out the 0.5.5 update for the Paradiddle Song Creator - you can always grab the latest release here: https://github.com/emretanirgan/ParadiddleUtilities/releases/latest.
- Fixed a MIDI bug that prevented MIDI messages for harder drum hits from going through. This was seriously affecting the MIDI out functionality in the latest update, but you should now be able to use the MIDI functionality as it was previously.
- Fixed a note highway bug where interacting with the highway UI or pressing the thumb sticks before the song audio was fully loaded would lead to a 'Fatal Error' message and crash.
- Fixed an issue where the drum autosave/autoload functionality wasn't working properly. This now works as intended, where the app will autosave your drums when you exit the app. The next time you launch the app and skip or finish the tutorial, your drums will be autoloaded.
- The autosave fix also means that you should now have an easier time using a modified kit with the highway. If you move a kit around while using the highway, exit the app and then relaunch it, you should see that same kit layout the next time you open a song or skip the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where the kick samples weren't loaded in memory unless the kick drum model was in the scene. This could lead to kick latency issues in scenes where the kick drum wasn't dragged and dropped into the scene (more noticeable on Quest). The kick samples are loaded on app launch now and remain loaded until the app closes.
Song Creator 0.5.5 Changes:
- After selecting a midi file, any midi track with the word 'drum' in it will now get picked as the default midi track to convert.
- Fixed a bug that happened when converting multiple songs in the same Song Creator session, where the song length of a previous conversion could overwrite the song length values of new songs.
- Fixed a bug where the midi track list got longer when selecting a new midi file instead of the track list getting reset.
Hope everyone's enjoying their time on the note highway - more content updates to be announced soon! Make sure you're in the Discord to get some sneak previews of new songs, environments and more.
Join us on Discord!: https://discord.gg/paradiddle
Paradiddle drum covers Youtube playlist (your cover could be on here too!)
Official Paradiddle website: http://paradiddleapp.com