This update is going to be a little smaller than usual as I've only had about 4 days to work on it - I spent about 2 weeks trying to solve one of the meanest bugs I've ever encountered. It's quite rare and only occurs for certain players but could can significant disruptions so I deemed it necessary to get it fixed ASAP. Unfortunately, it was an extraordinarily difficult problem to diagnose and solve, and I have thus far been unable to fix it :( To prevent further delays, I chose to put the issue on the backburner and continue with the rest of the update. I'll keep working on this issue in parallel with the regular updates until it is fixed.
This update includes an assortment of new objects, mostly decorative items. There are also a couple of new base-buildings objects. I hope you enjoy these new additions!
- Added garage door.
- Added barbed wire fence,
- Added bollard.
- Added tank trap.
- Added wooden ramp.
- Added steel ramp.
- Added small solar panel.
- Added basket.
- Added wooden shelf.
- Added steel shelf.
- Added wall power node.
- You can no longer join games that are hosted by a person running a different version of the game. This could occasionally cause odd networking issues.
- Improved AI obstacle avoidance.
- Lowered speeder hover height (to allow it to more easily fit through garage door)
- Smoothed out object placement for items built onto slopes - small irregularities in terrain should no longer cause the entire object to be oddly tilted.
- Fixed a naming issue with one of the button's variables.
- Fixed items getting stuck on conveyor belt turns.
- Items will no longer be inadvertently equipped when typing numbers in the chat.
- Fixed a bug that caused auto-miners to incorrectly display 'no ore detected'.
- Fixed spinning blade/laser trap rotors getting misaligned under certain circumstances.
- Fixed network replication errors associated with power lines.
I've got some really neat things planned for the next few updates. I won't spoil too much of it for you here, but you can get some hints by looking at the Trello board.
Thanks for reading, have a great day!