I had originally planned to work on the next content update which, as mentioned in a developer log, was to focus on colonist training equipment and new starting options. While these things are still in development, I wanted to take some time and focus on some other tweaks, changes and fixes.
While there have been shortcuts for some of the HUD options I wanted to re-work it a bit and make the shortcut keys visible on the buttons themselves. I’ve also added new shortcut keys for the management sections and the construction queue. All of these new shortcuts can be remapped in the keybind settings.
Tweaks & Fixes
Many of the UI text elements were still using an older method of displaying text. I’ve gone through and updated much of the existing text elements to use a newer text mesh system which results in crisper looking text.
A minor quality of life change is that when setting a placed object to high priority for construction, any of the flooring underneath it that hasn’t been constructed yet will also be set to high priority.
I’ve also worked to fix up some inconsistencies with how closing windows works when pressing the escape key. One annoyance, that was fixed, was that the harvest/deconstruct filter windows didn’t always close when pressing escape.
Thanks all the great feedback and support.
Be sure to check all of the changes in the release notes below.
- Added Reset Keybinds button to keybinds setting menu. This will reset keybinds back to default values.
- Added shortcut keys for management windows.
- Added shortcut key for construction queue.
- Build category buttons now have individual shortcut keys.
- Changed default keybind for harvest/deconstruct modes to ‘G’ and ‘H’ respectively.
- Debug menu shortcut changed to F7.
- HUD buttons now display a shortcut key if applicable.
- When setting an object’s build priority to high priority, any placed flooring needed for its construction will also have its priority increased.
- Updated look of close/apply button in settings menu.
- Updated auto collect vehicle action description tooltip. It should now be more clear that vehicles will prioritize targets they are assigned to.
- Updated look of info panel on main menu.
- Info panel on the main menu now has a patch notes button. This will display the patch notes for the current version.
- Updated various UI text elements to text mesh pro for crisper text.
- Solid Fuel Generator and EMG now have rosters.
- Fixed: Deconstruct/harvest filter buttons not closing when pressing escape.
- Fixed: Pinned items in global inventory not showing the correct button state for pinned items after loading a save game.
- Fixed: Power meter on HUD not displaying properly.
- Fixed: Save/Load window from game menu not closing properly if pressing escape.
- Fixed: Various grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Fixed: Missing headers in debug menu.
- Fixed: Performance issue when transport vehicle is set to auto collect, but there is nothing to collect.
- Fixed: Room info panel shows disable and deconstruct buttons.