Patch 2.93 is out including another big chunk of fixes and balance tweaks!
A big focus of the balance tweaks this patch was to balance Pickup items that use charges to make them more desirable to pick up compared to Passive Pickups. All Active Pickups have more charges now and abilities have been rebalanced when they felt underwhelming in combat.
Many Weapons have had balance tweaks as well with Heavy Weapons getting the most focus. Reload times on almost all heavy weapons have been reduced along with some other buffs to make them feel more rewarding to use. Weapons that use a per shot reload have also been buffed to reload 2 shots per reload instead of 1, making them much quicker to reload and more viable compared to single clip weapons. A lot of grenade mods have been buffed as well to both make them more useful when you choose to use them in combat and make choosing a grenade other than the standard Fragment Grenade more appealing.
Along with the balance changes a few UI tweaks have been made to the Map Screen in this patch including a new Grid background and a Level Title displayed above the map. Please let us know if you like or dislike the visual changes to the Map Screen!
With this patch release we are finally going to begin the process of implementing and testing the content we have been working on for 3.0, so this will almost certainly be our final patch before the 3.0 release. One of the major features being added in Patch 3.0 is Boss Mutations, giving the player a chance to gain a rare Head Mutation when altering their DNA that will grant them a new ability to activate in game. Here's a peek at a couple of Transformation Boss Mutations being added in 3.0, allowing the player to transform into a completely new being for a short amount of time!
We'll keep everyone updated as we work towards the release of Patch 3.0, but it will still be a few months until we're prepared to fully release the game. Patch 3.0 will bring more large features than any previous patch though and we're excited for everyone to see what we've been working on for the completed version of the game!
- Enemy: Fortification Drone - Fortification drones can no longer heal eachother
- Enemy: Flydrop - Removed Boid Swarm enemy setup and replaced with a generic Critter setup. Flydrops should move more commonly now and look less jittery.
- Flauros Friendly Summons - Increased health, increased speed and range of Charge, and increased homing. Player missiles are much more effective now at damaging enemies.
- Remote Mines (Trap and Pickup Item) - Increased size of mine spike projectiles and fixed hitbox of spike projectile being too small
- Reloading - Reduced reload speeds on dozens of weapons
- Per Shot Reload - Weapons that use Per Shot Reload now reload 2 shots per reload instead of 1
- Weapon: Remote Crossbow and Quiverer (Variant) - Explosive bolts can now be blown up in mid air instead of only after sticking in an enemy
- Weapon: Rotspore Repeater and Seeker (Variant) - Increased Needle burst damage, increased accuracy, and increased magazine size
- Weapon: Magrail Revolver and Droid Dropper (Variant) - Increased damage of base shot impact, improved accuracy
- Weapon: Tesla Rifle and Super Spreader (Variant) - Decreased base damage of both weapons
- Weapon: Tesla SFG and Mjolnir (Variant) - Increased damage of Tesla Explosion
- Weapon: Laser Engine and Ace in the Hole (Variant) - Increased max ammo, and increased damage of Ace in the Hole
- Weapon: Rapid Rockets and Liberator (Variant) - Increased max ammo, increased burst fire rate on base weapon, fixed having no Accuracy curve
- Weapon: Chaingun and Death's Door (Variant) - Increased max ammo
- Weapon: Energy Revolver and Sparky (Variant) - Reduced Accuracy
- Weapon: Ball Blaster (Magrail Shotgun Variant) - Decreased Max Ammo to 2
- Light Globule Projectiles - Increased damage of most Globule explosion types
- Passive: Osseous Parchment - Converted from Pickup to permanent Passive Item. Summons a single bone shield that orbits around the player and reflects projectiles, unable to be broken.
- Added New Passive: Golden Osseous Parchment - Summons a Golden Bone Shield twice the size of the standard
- Greanade: Fragment Grenade - Increased Explosion Damage
- Grenade: Mini-Myce - Increased Explosion Damage
- Grenade: Cluster - Increased damage of base explosion and of cluster gibs
- Grenade: Nematode - Increased base explosion damage
- Grenade: Hailshard - Increased base explosion damage, increased amount of Hailshard clusters released on explosion
- Grenade: Lumens - Increased base explosion damage and increased stun time
- Grenade: Globule - Increased base explosion damage and increased amount of cluster globules released
- Grenade: Tesla - Increased base explosion damage
- Grenade: Sonic - Increased damage of base explosion and repeated explosions
- Grenade: Pyro - Increased base explosion damage
- Auxiliary: Bola - Increased base explosion damage
- Auxiliary: Detonator MK2 - Increased base explosion damage
- Pickup: Remote Mines - Increased to 20 Charges
- Pickup: Remote Hack - Increased to 10 Charges, increased hack radius, decreased to 1 enemy hacked instead of 2, updated hacked effect
- Pickup: Emergency Override - Increased to 10 Charges, increased damage to 250, and updated effects
- Pickup: Mega Satellite Strike - Increased to 5 Charges, increased damage per second
- Pickup: Bonerangs - Increased to 20 charges and increased bounces per bonerang
- Pickup: Rotspore Booster - Increased to 10 Charges
- Pickup: Rotneedle Bombs - Increased to 5 Charges, increased damage of needles, reduced amount of needles released slightly
- Pickup: Wild Feast - Reduced to 1 charge, still fully replenishes Health and Stamina
- Pickup: Tritoraptor Egg - Reduced to 1 charge, increased heal to 50
- Pickup: Crab Legs - Reduced to 1 charge, increased Heal to 100 and Stamina replenish to 300
- Pickup: Quill spears - Increased to 20 Charges
- Pickup: Hive Swarm - Increased to 10 Charges, increased health of Friendly Fireflies
- Pickup: Flydrop Core - Improved Stamina Regen Speed more, making it begin to regenerate immediately
- Pickup: Hatchling Halo - Increased to 10 Charges, set half of the Hatchlings to randomly spawn each time a halo is summoned, increased explosion damage, and increased health of hatchlings
- Pickup: Flare - Increased charges to 20
- Pickup: Slomo - Increased to 10 Charges
- Pickup: Barrage - Increased to 10 Charges
- Pickup: Magrail Meteor - Increased to 5 Charges
- Pickup: MYCE - Increased to 5 Charges, increased explosion damage
- Pickup: Repentant Daggers - Increased damage of daggers, decreased lifesteal per shot to 25%
- Pickup: Starborn Flare - Increased to 20 Charges
- Pickup: Telemite Juice - Increased to 20 Charges
- Pickup: Invertor - Increased charges to 5, decreased Duration to 10 Seconds where damage heals, updated effects with better indicator of duration left and the buff ending
- Level Title now shows on the Map screen
- Added background to Map screen
- Camera now lerps when zipline is jumped onto
- Added Bonus Loot waypoints to more Cap variants and increased their loot to make them more rewarding to travel to
- Level 2 Flauros Landmark - Moved the main Flauros pocket world into the main level, connecting it with the terrain and allowing all waypoints to show on the map screen
- Replaced Death Variant spawns in many levels with a new Spawner prefab, giving them more variety when spawned and optimizing levels that have a lot of death variants present
- Added dot markers to Onyx Emanator traps to make it easier to position when using it as a booster, and re-enabled Emanator damage on enemies
- Attempted fix for using a non European Calendar on Windows causing the game to break
- Fixed waypoint hovers on map screen sticking and not reverting title colors properly
- Fixed FPS lowering by 30-40 when Notifiers were expanded
- Fixed a few item Rarity icons being rotated/scaled incorrectly
- Fixed Uncharted Memento canisters spawning DNA when broken