Hello Trivia-brains! Big update for y'all incoming!
First off, we’re introducing an easy-access leaderboard that can be reviewed even during the game to see how you’re doing against your fellow Tricksters! In Co-Op Vs Boss it even shows players how they’re placed in their particular teams to introduce some competitive flare.
Please let us know what you think of this layout, as we’re intending to replace the leaderboard Mr. Tricks displays on the TV with this new look. Additionally, this is laying the groundwork so we can use your saved character names when online (a much requested feature...). Stay tuned!
Also – check out our new ‘Secret Codes’ field in the options menu. 👀 Many of our communities favorite cosmetics were those released during our limited-time Halloween and Christmas events. So, rather than make y’all wait over 200 days, we’ve started to add some inventive ways that these items can be unlocked out-of-season. Some will use secret codes that we’ll be revealing through Twitter and Discord while others may require you to think a little more ‘out there’. Keep those eyes peeled!
One last thing! After reviewing our player numbers we released an update last week which pulled back the US Trivia Tuesday time slot to an hour earlier. You can see the exact time both on the in-game counter in the main menu and on the discussion board. See you there!
Here's the full patch notes for Trivia Tricks version 0.8.16.3
- Added a mid-game leaderboard that can be accessed by pressing Tab on a keyboard or pressing the Back/Select/View button on a controller!
- This menu will break down exact player scores in Co-Op Vs Boss mode, so you can review how every member of your team is doing
- Clicking on players' avatars in this menu will open their Steam Profile
- Hosts can also use this menu to kick players while the game is in progress
- Player rankings and positions are jumbled during the last round to avoid spoilers
- The Phone controller layout has been updated to include a Back/Select/View button, enabling the leaderboard to be opened by mobile players!
- We will be looking at updating the TV leaderboard in the future to match this new design, so please let us know what you think!
- The Misc window in the Settings menu has now has a text field to enter secret codes! 👀
- We will be periodically introducing methods to unlock our most popular limited-time cosmetics. Some will require codes we’ll be releasing on Twitter and Discord
- While others may require some community puzzle solving!
- Expert code-crackers have some unique sunglasses and an achievement already waiting for them. Good luck!
Question Database Update
- We continued our efforts to improve the mathematics category. We believe we’ve tracked down all of the extremely basic arithmetic questions. Next update we will be adjusting the incorrect answers to the remaining questions to make them likelier to trip players up!
- Added nearly 50 additional questions, the vast majority suggested by the Discord community! Thank you to everyone who has suggested questions so far!
- Fixed some typos, and cleaned up the wording on a variety of questions. Thanks to all of you who took the time to report these to us directly!
- The April Fools' joke Loot Box cosmetic has had its icon and description updated in the Character Creator and is no longer obtained on startup. It will be made available again in the future!
- Clicking a player's avatar in the lobby will now open their Steam profile
- The current round number and total rounds are now displayed on the TV
- The controls menu has been updated to include an image showing the layout for phone players
- In the host menu the button command explaining how to change tab was a little difficult to see, so we’ve placed a background behind it to improve visibility
- Player names can no longer contain characters like !, . or ?
- Improved the laugh emotion to fade instead of dissolve
- From extremely impassioned feedback by many-a-wronged player, we have decided chance round cannot ever be "Fair" and have instead renamed that option to "Tame"
- Does playing Trivia Tricks ever make you feel like you’re being watched?
- Fixed a bug where, after joining a game which was already in progress, players would have to click their answer twice after sending a chat message
- The ‘Lucky Kitty’ and ‘Unlucky Kitty’ achievements will now unlock when the winner is revealed, rather than as soon as the game ends
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Sticking To Your Guns’, ‘Honk!’ and ‘Tuesday Tussle’ achievements were not being granted on game boot if the player had the associated cosmetic but not the achievement
- Fixed a bug where, after a game against King, the wrong camera was used in the lobby
- Fixed a bug where P2/P3/P4 could not interact with all elements in the Pause menu
- Fixed a bug in the Character Select screen where, after joining with keyboard for player 2, the button command to join player 1 would show the wrong button
- Fixed a bug in the Character Select screen where, after leaving a game with the keyboard, the command to open the Remote Play Help Menu would show the wrong button
- All 9 players will now be displayed if 8 players and the boss select the same answer. Previously the final player to answer would be cut off (although this did not impact scoring)
- Fixed an issue with the Controller Disconnected menu where it could disappear without resolving Player 1's disconnection if multiple players were disconnected at the same time
- Fixed a bug where the player could spam menu navigation sounds while the Controller Disconnected menu was visible
- Fixed a bug where pressing Tab on a keyboard could cause unusual interactions with UI elements in certain menus
- Potentially fixed the issue where P3 would sometimes be floating in the air at game start, or P5/6 would jitter up and down whenever the camera focused on the TV. However, this definitely isn’t our first attempt to solve this one, so no promises!