Fellow Dwarves! Recent training advances will make your Warriors better at choosing their fights, and your working dwarves easier to boss around!
For the next few weeks, easter mode will be enabled, and you will experience the following changes to the game:
- Atmosphere - The environment has a different look and feel.
- Mobbits - Mobbits are larger than normal, and provide more meat!
- Easter Eggs - You will find easter eggs sprawled about everywhere, even hidden in the walls! You can now harvest easter eggs using the gather instruction, and they can be stored on tables similar to meals.
As usual, seasonal modes can be disabled in the options menu under Gameplay > Seasonal.
Features & Design Changes:
- Dwarf-List - Added a 'select-all' button, which allows you to select all dwarves within the active tab.
- Accident-prone - Dwarves with this trait will no longer injure themselves randomly, but continue to fumble more frequently in combat.
- Blood-thirsty - Dwarves with this trait now attack enemies on-sight regardless of class, and gain bonus exp in combat. This change removes the stance restriction, as we will be removing stances in a future build (more info below).
- Sound FX - Added sound FX for the schematic & tech table.
- Guide - Added more guide entries. The guide now indicates how many entries have unlocked / unread sections.
Fixes & Improvements:
- Flee - Warriors that are in the vicinity of enemies will now return home to rest anyway if they're low health. Spiders were giving up on fleeing too easily.
- Unit Control - Dwarves that are being manually controlled by the player (selected and controlled) will slow down their autonomous behaviour. This gives the player more time to give multiple orders without the dwarf trying to leave.
- Doors - The sprites for doors were getting confused. The symbols for which mode is selected should now be correct.
- Music - Will no longer play the same track twice in a row. Added new track 'Aegis' which plays around more advanced bases.
- Stats - Stats for units on your team are now bolder and should stand out more than stats for other teams.
In a future update, we plan on removing stances from the game. We feel stances require too much micromanagement for the benefit, and have decided to replace this with something else to give you greater control over when units choose to attack enemies. Once we have a more concrete design, we'll write a blog post about this change.
That's all for now, have a good Easter break!