Hello everyone! Welcome to the weekend and another update! This update is about save profiles and difficulty rebalance along with the usual bug fixes and new items. But first things first: Save profiles!
I've done extensive testing to make sure this won't break your current save files. HOWEVER. If the worst should happen it may be a good idea to make back ups of your save files if you don't want to lose them. If you don't know where to find them here's how:
Open MyDocuments or MyComputer and type this into the top bar:
C:\Users\ -your user name here-\AppData\Local\Cavity_Busters
There you'll see all the save files. There's a couple different ones so it's a good idea to grab them all. But especially the savedata and upgradedata files. I wouldn't worry about grabbing the run files because those are likely outdated anyways.
The biggest change here is to hard mode. Hard mode used halve your damage output on top of all the other unfair hard stuff that happens. So no longer. It's still tough but clearing rooms just feels better now. The other change is to leaving diseases behind. Diseases will now have a chance to be super. Super diseases increase 1 to 2 stats by a larger then normal amount if left behind. So if you happen to get Super Entamaphobia you might feel more inclined to take it.
- 29 new rooms
- 3 new upgrades
- new enemy stat: enemy speed and bullet speed
- save profiles
- game now tracks total in game time
Fixes and Tweaks:
- items that destroy bullets will no longer destroy bullets that have been deflected
- in game timer is cleaner looking
- cant teleport out of room when enemy spawn indicators appear.
- fixed bug where rooms would be duplicated through out a map
- fixed map glitch where player shows up on mini map in multiple spots
- combined enemy stats tags and zits into one stat
- diseases left behind will now increase more stats when the game is in hard mode
- nerfed rewards and difficulty increase for monumeats
- diseases will have a small chance of increasing a single(two in hard mode) stat by a higher amount
- instead of the rate increasing every level, difficulty stat increase rates only increase on a loop
- hard mode no longer halves your starting damage output
- bowel movements no longer happen in purple outline rooms
- updated the ai for a few enemies so they attempt to get around walls
- fixed some bugs with loose tooth upgrade
And that's it for this update! Have fun and if you have thoughts about the update feel free to let me know. Drop a review if you're feeling saucy! ;)