Resolved issues with map unpacking, audio sliders. Gameplay changes, movement changes, weapon changes and some bug fixes. Weekly maps.
This week's update was a little late, but you'll find some good changes in it. Still planning on putting out another update next week, on top of the update we just released.
Map Unpacking Removed:
- The map unpacking process has been removed. We've switched to a new type of map deployment that should no longer require unpacking files to the OS drive.
- Download sizes after the initial download should be smaller for map content we ship out. We expect the average map download from week to week to be trimmed by a quite a bit, but sometimes it will be larger due to sweeping changes.
- The size on disk required by steam is being raised, but it effectively takes up the same amount of space. Instead of using 8 GB in your games folder and 8-9GB in your AppData folder, it will now all live in the steam installation folder.
- This change should fix audio sliders. Previously it has been our recommendation to keep gameplay at 10 and reduce your master volume slider, but this should no longer be necessary.
- Music for Dome should correctly follow the Music volume slider as well.
- Fixed issue with vivox disconnections due to short connection drops to Vivox not being resolved and requiring a full client restart to fix
- Weapons now have an invisible 3rd mag slot so you can pick up all three mags without needing to reload first. You cannot carry 4 mags.
- Pulling out completely empty guns will auto load and rack, guns do not auto-reload for you, only when the gun has no mag in it at all when equipped.
- Death camera polish, smoother and follows opponents head instead of lower torso.
- Map visibility tweaks for levels, main change being that open doorways will now read as bright cyan color on the map screen instead of a white color. (Came in last week, added for posterity.)
- Turning decreases maximum speed in all stances. The loss is more drastic in ADS and Sprint.
- Overall acceleration is much faster but sharp change directions causes a sharp speed loss.
- Movement speed penalties for ADS/Brace now do not occur until the accuracy kicks in.
- All acceleration is now based off Defender base movement speed for all stances, this was previously stance based.
- Jumping speed clamp is now universally at (defender) run speed instead of sometimes being limited to walk or crouch speed.
- Crouch change: Crouch cooldown now being applied properly, can no longer reset the crouch animation by ADSing.
- Gruber5 Vertical Recoil increased by 20%
- Ingmar57 Vertical Recoil increased by about 30% on the first shot, decreases to about 5% less recoil on the 4th shot (and onwards).
- AP25 Horizontal Recoil has been made more Jagged between Camera and Weapon.
- SAB-R Night Scope illuminates 50% further and is slightly brighter.
- Auto Shotgun Spread reduced by 33%
- Known Issue: A fix to RPM on semi-auto weapons causing them to now have slightly higher ROF than intended due to them now properly reflecting the ROF in the code. Expect tweaks to this in the future.
- Weekly new maps.
- Some temporary april fools maps, these will disappear after a short while.