I was able to hunt down another important bug, and I've also fixed a few other minor things. Here is the changelog:
- There was a bug connected to tech category changes. (for example, I've changed a few techs having the “bus” category to “video bus” - these are used in the code to decide if something is new or obsolete) – which unfortunately caused various bugs in saved games where the tech still used to have the earlier category. When it happened, the upper right part of the info bar became frozen, while the timer/days were still going forward. (reported by Niels)
- Two people reported during the past 2 months that the game started using a really small resolution in a window. When the game first starts it is Unity that handles resolution. I have no idea why it started the game with such low resolutions for them, but as a workaround now check the screen resolution from code, and if it is any smaller than 1024x768 then the game switches to that, so at least the window won't be as small that the player can't reach the settings menu to set it manually.
- On the Hardware Type selector window the black backgrounds had messi borders. Fixed.
- When you had “Remote Assistance” for your OS then the illustrations were not working correctly. Fixed
- I've moved the site menu a bit down so that it doesn't hide the notification balls (partially) in the top left corner.
- When the market share label hit 100% the label was still too small to show it in one line – so I've increased its size.
Thank you very much for the reports guys! Please when you send me something, always check the version number of your game and if there is an update on steam already or not because I get outdated reports and false-positive reports too often. It takes a lot of time to debug, so I should work from up-to-date information. I've got a couple of false positives connected to techs for example - concerning DIMM, RDRAM, or coolers, bearings (unfortunately I don't remember where and from whom I've got them to contact. I still have a few things to check/fix, but the game-breaking bugs had to be corrected asap.
Have a nice weekend guys! Have a lot of fun!
Andris aka Progorion