Today has been kind of all over the place again.
Sadly, a lot of my time is being wasted on key scammer emails, people creating fake social media and streaming accounts to try and scalp keys from me.
Unfortunately this means that I ALMOST missed a legitimate email which could be quite big for the game's publicity.....
Anyway, that aside, here are a few little updates:
- The mod wheel has been added to the start of a player's round, unless the particular tile cannot be changed due to being static/fixed.
- The mod wheel now is synchronizing properly on the network and moving correctly on the network too. There is only one MINOR bug that happens maybe once and it's so quick it almost doesn't even matter.
- Currently ANY mod wheel tiles can be chosen, but in the next few days, I'll be implementing a tile inventory of sorts to limit players spamming particular tiles all over the map.
- The input has been improved in the board game too, there was an issue when where pressing left or right on either keyboard or mouse, it would also trigger the opposite direction, making it very frustrating for selecting destinations as it would kind of flicker back and forward between destinations.
There's still some issues with this, and there needs to be a UI element to tell players what to do, but it's working better.
- Made the center "mixer" (the round slime bit with the paddle that spins) is now larger in the middle and the paddle has a wider area to run along. While this doesn't resolve issues of lag causing players to run into the slime due to an out of sync rotation of the paddle, it does allow players to jump to the center and avoid running across entirely.
- Also changed the model of the mixer so that the top is flat. There were little extrusions going out at angles which could interfere with player movement.
- Put some place-holder lights onto the mixer to represent it's speed (green = low, orange = mid, green = high) to give players more of an idea of what the event space does that is directly south of the mixer.
- Players who teleport should now have the teleport effects visible on the client as well as server.
I need to take a break now, I am super super tired, I'm still grinding like a mad-man to make the board game mode as playable as possible, but I need to rest for the evening, spend some time with my girlfriend and refresh my brain.
Thank you for your patience as I work through all of these things, I promise you that it's all going to be super polished eventually :)
YOU ROCK! \m/