The March update (technically April update for non-Americans) is out! No new level this time, but some really cool ones are in the works. Expect them in 2-3 weeks. However, this one's still one of the longest changelogs I've written.
Also, if you haven't heard, my other game, BlackChain is out on Steam. If you like old-school sci-fi RTS games, you should take a look.
So, here are the changes:
- New music track, inspired by traditional Indian music.
- Revamped level select menu - If your save file was from before 1.4.3, all maps up to the Casemate of Fangs are unlocked.
- New Helmet fashion: Shaman
- Many, many GUI updates: minimap, inventory and options button, inventory panel, rum bottle, gold counter, menu buttons, checkboxes, reload marker, minimap zoom buttons
- Replaced target halfway marker with target line. It also displays current ammo (number of dots)
- New loading screen
- Sound effect for menu button presses, inventory opening/closing
- New hint sound effect
- New sound effect for large melee attacks (e.g. Shark Brute, Elephant)
- New doodads: mushrooms, parapet (added to most India levels)
- More than 3 mouse buttons are now supported.
- Right-clicking on options button now increases setting level
- Minor decoration and color palette changes on various maps
- Changed map-music pairings
- Changed Witch Doctor's mask to something more culturally accurate.
- Added cheering animation to arena audience, channeling animation to Witch Doctor
- Added fireball sound effect to Searing Shot spell
- Changed roof color of a house texture variant
- Minor enemy placement change to the Palace Gardens - The southwestern corner has weaker enemies, but more of them
- Seven Step Snake is no longer a Rum Stealer
- Custom pixel density + post processing caused severe VRAM leak
- Unit groups were not saved with map state, which could break The Barricade level
- Units should no longer be loaded into unwalkable grid cells
Editor & Workshop changes:
- Fixed: Steam Workshop publishing was broken
- Fixed: the editor save dialog now defaults to .txt format
- New monster types (Buto Ijo, Minion), only in Editor for now
- Added trigger action sort button (sort by delay)
- Added Laval water type
- Added custom names for rotX and rotY inputs, where they have alternative functionality
- Added PlayAnim trigger action
As always, if you have any feedback, make yourself heard!
Join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/6WsDAuqz
Have a great April Fools day!