We're excited to finally take the wraps off of the new version of Flipside Studio, which includes several major improvements and new features.
This is also the first version of Flipside Studio to offer paid subscription plans for added functionality. All of the existing features of Flipside Studio remains free for everyone, but the watermark removal and two of the new features will be paid-only. Specifically:
Motion capture data export
Record multiplayer mocap sessions over distance and export full-body data even will just your headset and controllers. Export standard BVH files, use the new Creator Tools to turn your mocap into Unity animations, or use our new Flipside plugin for Blender.
Multi-camera video rendering up to 4K including depth maps, image sequences, and many adjustable settings. Uses a queue so you don't have to wait for one render to finish before queueing up the next.
Additional Flipside Studio features
- Rewritten movement retargeting system for improved character movement
- Stand-ins let you freeze character poses to make camera setup easier
- Full hand tracking working on the Valve Index controllers
- Enable ambient occlusion under Settings > Output for improved shadows
- Microphone settings now include noise gate, gain, and compression
- Teleprompter adds new character sets: Greek, Cyrillic, Thai, and Tamil
Additional Flipside Creator Tools features
- Build and publish bundles directly in Unity with one click
- New FaceMirror component lets you animate faces on anything
- More sophisticated animated expressions using Unity animation parameters
- New TeleprompterElement to build teleprompters right into your sets
And more! For the full list of changes, see the blog post: