Beta 30.8 is now out! This update includes some fixes and improvements. There are a handful of VR and AI improvements as well as improved internal security measures for the in-game voice chat system.
- Added some internal security to the in-game voice chat system. On the surface it should work as it normally does, so please let us know if you encounter anything strange.
- Updated AI bots to understand and use the Utility Grenade Launchers properly (Healing, Repair, Fire-Killer)
- Added the “fragment collected” stinger track
- Added new AI override option - “Fire Extinguisher Equipped”. This, as well as the “Repair Tool Equipped” will now count the grenade launcher variants too (and take into account their current ammo levels)
- Default AI Priorities have been updated to allow Bots to better handle the Repair, Healing and Fire-Killer grenades
- The Roland-Class starship’s exterior size has been slightly increased due to the feedback we’ve received. We’ve essentially cut the difference between the Pre and Post Beta 30.0 versions. Let us know what you think!
-We’ve added an option for Linux users to change the audio system the game uses for voice chat. In order to access this option you can use this startup command: -ts-use-pulse-audio
- The Toggle Throttle mode has been moved from the basic section of the keybindings to the Piloting section of the keybindings. (You will need to manually update your default bindings to see this change)
- Improved the rotation math regarding when the UI attached to the controllers appear in the quantum reflection
- Improved the placement of some UI in the reflection
- The controller object is now hidden when an item is equipped on that controller
- Updated the Index Controller bindings to not refer to the grip button since it was much too sensitive, to allow zooming on the starmap, to allow both the Missile Launcher and the Pulse Laser to be used, and to allow ship boosting.
- The snap rotation option can now be used in roomscale mode
- Fixed a Starmap audio bug which could occur when viewing the starmap
- Fixed an AI issue regarding the WeapBot not recognizing the Biscuit Bomb as a stand in for a Nuclear Weapon
- Fixed visually broken Sensitivity and Offset sliders for HOTAS Devices (and any axis-based inputs)
- The Swordship respawn / bot deleting issue should now be fully fixed
- Fixed a bug with the Ammo Left custom override that didn’t allow you to specify the percentage
- Fixed a camera clipping issue related to manning the Bio-hazard turret
- Fixed a rendering issue that could occur for players running OpenGL who resized their window and then entered or started in the Quantum Reflection.
- The visible rendering artifacts on Linux computers being visible during the reflection should be fixed
- The black screen effect that would occur in the Quantum Reflection on AMD cards should also be fixed
- Made a change to help a virus issue that could occur when active hostile viruses overflow their internal slots and enter your cargo slots. We’ll be looking more into this issue soon, but this change should help alleviate this issue.
-Fixed a level requirement ship-unlock issue where the count was off by 1 level
-Fixed an issue regarding the Sylvassi Swordship’s “Sword” attack during offline play
Thanks for your reports and feedback!
The Leafy Games Team
Changed files in this update