Hello Test Subjects!
This week we’re continuing to release improvements and act on your feedback: a playable tutorial for new players to better understand the game, objective changes to streamline the day experience, and tweaks based on community feedback, including shoot-to-vote in casual games and the classic game intro sequence.
- The tutorial slideshow has been replaced with an in-game interactive tutorial.
- We’ve created a ‘Play The Tutorial’ challenge that rewards players with 3 Tokens the first time they complete the Tutorial.
- There is a new first time user popup screen prompting the user to play the tutorial.
- Objectives are now activated by interacting with the reward crate for that objective.
- Reward crates are now automatically opened when an objective is completed.
- There is a 7.5 second period when a reward crate is opened where only the person who completed that objective can take the item.
- The time for an objective reward to de-spawn has been increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
- A lot of the objectives have been moved to improve clarity and reduce frustration.
- Terror abilities now unlock from the start of the game.
- Various lighting changes have been made throughout all of the maps.
- The game intro experience has been replaced with the classic introduction screen, with the addition of partner and terror select.
- The detective perk is now enabled for everyone. Please note, if you have this perk currently selected it is recommended that you switch to interrogate for the rest of this season.
- Shoot to vote is now the default option in casual games, as well as ranked.
- A new small waypoint state has been added for when navigating around the map. The larger waypoint can still be seen when viewing the minimap, or whilst completing an objective.
- The minimap has been lowered to the bottom of the screen and skewed.
- The classic circular terror bar has been re-added.
- Various UI elements have been moved.
- The play button has been reworked to introduce a new game type selection screen.
- It is now possible to start private games with 5 players.
- [FIXED] When illuminated by light items the Terrors turn black instead of glowing.
- [FIXED] The Experiment’s clone spawns at a different glow amount to the Terror that spawned it.
- [FIXED] The minimap doesn’t follow the player you’re currently spectating.
- [FIXED] The minimap doesn’t update if you’re viewing it while you respawned.
- [FIXED] Players can, in rare circumstances, queue up for a game despite being on the wrong game version.
Look out for our announcement next week: a new terror is crawling into the mix very soon!
See you in-game!
The Baseline Team