23/03/2021 - Monstrum 2 March Update
Monstrum 2 - 0.8.6ea
Ahoy, the much anticipated March Update for Monstrum 2 is finally here! Listed below is a changelog for the update as well as additions to the game and known issues. Please have a read through!
Queue With Friends
- The ability to party up with friends via Steam from the main menu - You and your friends need to be on the same server to do so
- Can queue up with a friend party or go into custom games together
Seasonal XP Progression
- Unique Progression Track for each character, where you can unlock new cosmetics, nameplates and Monstrum Credits
Scalable Mission Objectives
- Scalable mission objectives will adapt based on current living Prisoners per stage (Power Switches, Powerplant, End Game)
New Graphics Options
- VSync toggle in Graphics options
- Anti-aliasing toggle in Graphics options
- Prisoner: 2 Costumes + 4 Accessories
- Brute: 1 Skin
- Bhagra: 1 Skin
- Malacosm: 4 Skins
- Lockers will no longer be interactable whilst a monster is searching it
- Updated Bhagra and Malacosm vision to help see in dark areas
- Fixed a desync issue caused by the Gamma menu
- Extra checks added to address 5 prisoner lobbies
- Fixed collision issues with the pipe shortcut connecting to the powerplant
- Characters should no longer be able to go above their maximum level
- Fixed bug where the end game screen would fade in twice
- Fixed bug where the Prisoner corpse would fall twice if they were the last player killed.
- Fixed bug where the Submarine would play its stop reversing audio multiple times in a row.
- Ladders and vines added to the back of elevators to provide a way out if the player ever gets stuck in them.
- Malacosm will no longer phase through floor vents.
- Hotfix for the game crashing when applying graphics changes with a non-standard resolution/aspect ratio
- Fixed bug where the health kit will not revive an incapacitated player.
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline would not provide a speed boost.
- Additional checks added to the Culling System to prevent culling being broken for the entire game.
- Fixed culling issue in Genetics when looking through the Bhagra vent in the dropdown room.
- Fixed Culling issue in Morgue when looking out from the centre of the room.
- Fixed culling issue in Laboratory where a wall would disappear if you moved right up to it.
- Fixed culling issue near the Helipad tower.
- Keypad puzzle door in Genetics will remain open after the keypad puzzle has been completed.
- Keypad puzzle door in Prison will remain open after the keypad puzzle has been completed.
- Fixed issue where a switch in the Examination Superblock could be completed without cutting the fence first.
- In game chat will default to the Team channel.
- Fixed font issue with store prices being incorrectly displayed.
- Indirect lighting levels lowered, all shadows are unlit by HDR Sky.
- Elevator Emergency Shafts added.
- Puzzle Fixes in Examination.
- Stairway collisions improved for traversal.
- Tutorial Scenes Environment Art Pass.
- Sub Escape Set Dressing and lighting improvements.
- Female Crouch Animation facial fixes.
- Malacosm Idle animation improvements.
- Female Run animation gimbal lock fix.
- Rooftops have lighting fixtures and new Set Dressing.
- Improved Prisoner Accessories Materials.
- Many general Environment Art Bug fixes to Superblocks, Power Plant and Escape Routes.
- Chase Music Rework.
- Music is more reactive to the Monster having Line Of Sight on Prisoners. This is reflected for both the Monster and the Prisoner so chase music will no longer occur simply because the monster is nearby.
- Music will no longer fade out as soon as the Monster is in a different room or area from the person being chased if the monster has line of sight.
- The Distance between the Monster and the Prisoner before it has an effect on the chase music has been reduced.
- Chase music intensity will increase faster when the monster enters the Prisoners room.
- Sounds are no longer occluded by walls and objects if the sound source is in the same room as the player (Unless the sound is coming from the floor above/below in double height rooms).
- Sounds are reduced by walls less.
- Added sliding door audio for glass doors.
- 2 Additional voices added for Prisoners.
- On your 1st load your level will display as level 1 on your nameplate even if you are a higher level.
- Can sometimes still crash out during loading.
- Items from time to time can go 'missing' in your inventory/UI.
- Monster heads can still sometimes go missing during the monster intro cut-scene.
- In certain situations the Monster and Player will have chase music during their intro cutscene to the game, leaving the spawn room will reset this.
- Sometimes the looping audio of an electrical console will persist between games.
- XP slider may jump to the next item without unlocking it in the Progress Report screen before the correct amount of XP is earned.
- In certain positions, the elevator escape ladder and vine can intersect with other geometry.
- Nameplates can appear for some players as white squares if they haven't chosen a default 1
Monster Balancing Changes
- Increased Swipe damage from 25 to 40.
- Malacosm teleport time reduced from 3s to 2s.
- Malacosm will be able to move immediately after teleporting.
This is the first major update to Monstrum 2, the entire team thanks you for your continued support of the game. A lot of people have been asking for a lot of the changes that you will see listed above. However, the game is still being developed and we kindly ask for your further patience.