Welcome to our 1.2.4 patch! We are very happy to see how many of you are constantly coming back to test your skills on the weekly challenges and we’ve definitely heard you ask for ways to play more than one challenge a week. This update is meant to address that and improve your overall control and “late game” replayability.
CHALLENGES AND SEEDS
The weekly challenge is no longer only a checkbox. Now it is one of three ways of playing challenge matches. Choosing the weekly option will send you to the same once-a-week challenge that you are used to. You know, the same rules for everyone and all that. It is good to mention that this is still the only challenge that will unlock the golden appliances achievements.
The first new option we added is “random”. That will allow you to randomize the modifiers and get a new set of rules each time you click the button that pops beneath it. You can randomize once to just have a new challenge to play or do it multiple times to choose the set of rules that seems more interesting for you.
The second one is the seed mode. In it, you can write down a seed of a specific challenge and play it. That may come in hand, if a friend of yours or a streamer played a random match that you want to try or if you want to store a fun weekly challenge seed to play it again later. You can find a match’s seed in the pause and the end screen, may it be after a victory or defeat.
Since we are giving you all more chances to play challenges, it would be great to increase the amount and variety of modifiers available in the game, so that is what we did! With the help of our discord community members and digging up our old challenge ideas files, we’ve added 32 new challenge modifiers that can now be used on challenges. Here is the complete list:
- Just Keep Swimming: All aliens mutate to Swimmers;
- Sleeping Beauty: All aliens mutate to Snoozers;
- It Hurts!: All aliens mutate to Spikeys;
- I Believe I Can Fly!: All aliens mutate to Spitters;
- Bring the Artillery: All aliens mutate to Bulkies;
- Game of Thrones: All aliens mutate to Leaders;
- Mutation Madness: Every type of alien can spawn;
- Natural Selection: Aliens hatch from their eggs with mutations;
- So Fast?: Aliens skip their hatching phase when they mutate;
- Power Inversion: Appliances that needed energy no longer need it and vice-versa;
- No Energy Needed: No appliances need energy;
- Bring Batteries: Every appliances need energy;
- Overcharged: Robots are faster and never need to recharge;
- No Ozone Layer: Sprays last longer and are applied faster;
- Bigger and Shinier: Mops are more efficient at cleaning;
- Old Mop: Mops are less efficient at cleaning;
- Heavy Bucket: Carrying buckets full of water makes you slow;
- Dog Shelter: You can adopt up to 3 dogs at once;
- Limited Stock: Non-consumable items on the shop can only be bought once;
- Direct Delivery: Items are delivered on your head;
- Random Delivery: Items bought will be delivered to a random player;
- Crazy Delivery: Items bought will appear in a random room;
- Keep it cold: Items bought will go directly to a fridge;
- Meditation: Standing still will make you slowly recover hunger and fatigue;
- Keep Moving!: Standing still will make you even more tired than walking around;
- Delivery Delay: Shop items take much more time to arrive;
- Life gave you lemons: Limited shop, but spaceship starts with lots of drops;
- Leaking bucket: Buckets will run out of water after a short time;
- Action-Reaction Law: Normal aliens mutate instantly when they are stunned;
- Adaptive Mutations: Aliens will adapt to be immune to the way they were stunned;
- Reroll: Mutated aliens will change their mutation randomly when stunned;
- Half Second Rule: Food will spoil as soon as they reach the floor. Don't drop it!
- Unstable Energy: Batteries will spoil if left on the ground for five seconds;
- Time bomb trash: Trash bags will explode after a short time on the floor
We’ve released a warning a little more than a month ago saying that we’d remove the matchmaking feature from the game. If you didn’t have a chance to read the original post, you can find it here. During the past weeks we’ve had the opportunity to talk to some of you about this feature and it changed our perception of how many of you managed to find matches through it.
We decided to, instead of removing the feature, only change the way we present it to you and to give more information regarding its popularity and waiting times. Here is what we’ve done:
- Changed the “matchmaking” term to “make game public”
- Added the information on how many players are online at that moment (including those in a match);
- Added the estimated waiting time based on how many matches started recently (wich is, admittedly, not the best way to estimate this, but we hope it still helps);
We hope these changes will help players manage their expectations better and have a clearer idea of how to use it and whether they want to wait for other players or not.
- “Dirty Plumbing” modifier can no longer fill up more than 2 consecutive buckets with good. The “5 dirty buckets when you most need it” situation will no longer occur, and you are welcome :P
- It is now possible to use the spray on yourself. Players just need to use it and, if they have no valid appliance nearby, the character will self apply the quarantine buff;
- The “hyperinflation” modifier initial value was raised from 10 to 25 and the value increased each time something is bought was raised from 3 to 5;
- The “Free Market” challenge is now considered positive, meaning it can now be mixed and played with other two negative challenges;
Thank you all for the continued support <3