Hey all :)
We've just pushed a decently-sized update to the Peglin Demo that includes some really neat new orbs, relics, and a fiendishly difficult new miniboss. It also includes a ton of quality of life features that you've been requesting, including the ability to view your map and deck in-battle! Full patch notes will be listed below.
We've been super happy to see people streaming Peglin or sharing your videos on YouTube, and we've been blown away by the gorgeous thumbnails that you've put together without proper assets from us. So we've put a few together in a rough presskit that should help out with that! They are available here: Google Drive
Full Patch Notes:
- Placeholder Localization: The first pass on localization is in but the translations themselves are still very rough (mostly Google Translate, some things left untranslated if I didn't think machine translation would get anywhere close). We are always looking for more help with these so if you'd like to contribute please drop into our Discord!
- Orb stats and description are visible at a glance now. This one is hard to miss :) in-battle we now show the details for the attack you're about to use, without having to hover over it.
- Map and Deck are visible in battle now! This one is soooo big and I'm glad people kept requesting it. I use it all the time when I'm testing and didn't realize how much I was missing without it :p
- Resizable game window (we don't have resolution settings in yet but they're on the list!)
- Navigation is now done with a special Peglin orb, which isn't just more thematic - it clears up a lot of bugs as well.
- Forest Map got a big visual overhaul! It's much cleaner now, and we've fixed up some of the weirdness with the coloured lines (which are just supposed to change colour depending on what type of event you're heading for but they were not quite doing that).
- New Soundtrack! Our previous music great, but they were royalty-free and a lot of you noticed that they'd appeared in other games. This new soundtrack is 100% composed for Peglin by the talented Crashtroid and we hope you'll love it like we do!
- New Orb: Swoltorb - Adds a stackable buff to each peg it hits that makes those pegs grant additional damage for the rest of the battle.
- New Orb: Memorb - This is easily one of my new favourites. It does bonus damage depending on the number of pegs you've cleared in the entire battle. Have you cleared 100 pegs across all of your shots so far? This orb is going to start at a cool 50 damage.
- Matryorbska Improvements: New art and some bug fixes! There's still a known bug when hitting long pegs that is super high on our list, but they're more or less usable now. Please let us know if you have any issues with them!
- Lots lots lots of little menu polish. Still not perfect but it's getting better!
- Screenshake improvements, so it's less likely that your camera gets knocked away from where it's supposed to be, lol..
- Reverse Peg Cleanup - We've caught most of these pesky devils now... send us a screenshot if you see any backwards reset pegs so that we can get them all!
- Peg pitch shift per hit is back! We broke this before the last demo, womp womp. We have unbroken it.
That's about all for now, we are back to working away on the next areas for the Early Access release which will be coming later this year, but if there are any features you'd love to see we are always happy to hear feedback for the full game, and we're happy to bring more general improvements into the existing demo as well! I will also note that we've dialed the difficulty up a bit more, so please let us know if you think the game has gotten too difficult! We're very easy to reach via our Discord or in the Steam Community forums.