Full Cross-Platform Support, Usability, Networking/Multiplayer, & Content Updates & Improvements.
Hey Hoopers! The Hoops Madness Team has been hard at work with a number of updates while we prepare for Full Release. We're excited to announce a major update to increase the competition, its social aspects, and make shooting hoops feel even better. BUT we are REALLY excited to announce that we are transitioning out of Early Access!!! Are you ready to Play, Connect, & Compete?!
This update is PACKED with usability improvements, networking enhancements, & content updates so that the only thing standing in your way are your competitors. ːsteamhappyː
- Full Cross-Platform Support: Added in cross-play between all the major headsets (we will be cross-play compliant with the Quest once we are live on Oculus App Lab!) & VR platforms (Steam, Oculus Rift, & Viveport). The home “Court” just became even bigger & more expansive!
- SteamVR support for Quest 1 & Quest 2 via the link cable & experimental support for Windows Mixed Reality. More competition = More fun!
- New slimmed down ball racks & ball spawning feature: You will always have a ball to shoot with and won’t need to fight over them with your competitors. You also won't need to wait for balls to respawn on the ball rack! ːsteamhappyː
- Player Hand IK (inverse kinematics) Update: More efficient and hand poses look good when the ball is equipped to the hand.
- All New Lighting: Gettin' the mood right!
- New & Clearer Audio Mix: Players can now hear the balls hitting the court floor and bouncing off of the backboard.
- Added doors in the Stadium Scene: Provides a more polished and cohesive look.
Addressed latency ball offset issue where balls would float outside of your hands. Now nothing stands in your way of being able to aim and shoot with ease!
Player Login update fixes:
- Enables cross-platform functionality to operate properly.
- “Failed to Login” message no longer displays on the Player Setup Board after you have logged in successfully (if your prior attempt was incorrect).
Removed “flickering” artifacts in the corners of the Practice Facility. The Practice Facility now features a visually cohesive court environment.
Addressed an issue with the Leaderboards. Scores now populate automatically so you always know where you stand competitively.
Player hands don't stick anymore!
Around the World game mode: Addressed an issue with the ball rack position within the teleportation zone position when using a stationary boundary.
- If you start the game with your controllers disabled, you will most likely need to restart the game with your controllers enabled.
- Monthly Tournament Leaderboard might not display automatically in the Practice Facility. Clicking on the Monthly Tournament button though will bring up the correct Leaderboard.
The Hoops Madness Team can be reached directly at email@example.com with any feedback you might have. We look forward to hearing from you!