Beta 30.7 is now out! This update includes a handful of additions and improvements. A few of the bigger ones include a nice amount of polish given to the Virus Screen and some improvements to how the Progress.data file is handled.
- Added a new keybind option for enabling text chat
- Added a new keybind option to enable boosting while piloting
- Added some additional protections for the progress.data file and how it works with the Steam Cloud. If there is a conflict with the local file and the one in the cloud you’ll be given the option on which one to keep. This can hopefully help prevent issues where players’ progress can get unintentionally lost.
- Added the name of the broadcasting ship under the virus name
- The displayed color of the virus should now only be red when it’s actively threatening your ship
- Tweaked the visuals of the decrypt button, and also added a tooltip to help players notice it
- Hostile viruses now appear at the top of the list on the virus screen
- Hid Lost Colony sectors from the starmap visuals
- Infected spore pods will now target the ship closest to them
- Slightly polished the menu opening and closing effects
- The Virus Booster Beacon now treats all ships as hostile and broadcasts viruses to all
-Tweaked the pool of random viruses other crewed ships start with; there should be a much bigger variety of hostile viruses than before, especially at higher chaos levels
-Tweaked the pool of random CPUs other crewed ships start with; there should be a moderately bigger variety of CPUs than before, especially at higher chaos levels
- Fixed a shadowing issue on one of the alien creatures
- Fixed an issue involving virus decryption in sector battles
- Fixed a sound effect issue that would occur when alt-tabbing out and clicking back into the game
-Potential fix for an issue involving the number of biscuits sold
-Fixed an issue with the Siphon Credits virus which could occur during sector battles
-Fixed an issue with the repair tool that made it difficult to repair the ship system when a robot was nearby
-Fixed an issue with the statistics tracking. The number of sectors visited stat was meant to be the number of sector types discovered and should now work properly.
As always, thanks for your reports and feedback!
The Leafy Games Team