Factus Games announces the official release of Making History: The First World War. All the primary gameplay coding is finished and the main content has been added to the game. Leaving Early Access does not mean the game is no longer in development. There are still improvements planned and we expect bugs will be found as the game is exposed to a wider audience. We’ll continue to stay active on the forums and make changes to the game whenever necessary.
Our first Post-Release Update includes a few small changes to the game and a few bug fixes. The UI now has a colorized graphical strip on the Main Menu associated with the nation you play. This is a minor UI embellishment that provides a little more distinction between playing different nations. We’ve also begun revising some of the in-game sound FX that we were not too happy with.
The game manual is currently in production. You can link to it from The First World War store page. There’s not a lot in there at the moment but we should be doing uploads of new content every few days.
Below is a list of the items in the latest build.
Update #1 Release Notes:
- Removed Early Access label from Main Menu Panel
- Added new Nation focused art element to Main Menu Panel
- Revised some in-game Sound FX
- Fixed Population Growth Rate Tool tip and Sort on Nationality Panel
- Added Missing Lobby Scenario Nation description strings
- Fixed bugged Empire Military Control button
- Relabeled Empire Colony Control button & Tooltip to be more accurate
- Altered balance between Heavy & Light Howitzers