Welcome to our weekly ritual - a brand new Not Dead Yet's patch! Yay! Shall we?
- Introducing the Role System! Our goal with Not Dead Yet is to provide a fresh experience at every run. While a bit bare bones at the moment, we expect roles to give you unique experiences every time you start a new game.
To give you a brief overview of our goal with this system is that each role (or class, as you wish) has one unique Perk to it (or its 'Signature Perk'). The main goal with roles is to segment play styles, meaning the game spins around the way you like to play it. Also, besides the Signature Perk, at the moment, the Perks available at the Research Table now depend on the role you are playing with.
To greet you with this new system, we're introducing two simple starting roles: the Scav and the Hunter; respectively, one specialized on scrapping and crafting; the other specialized on... guess what... killing.
Anyways, we don't want to spoil much on these notes. Go ahead and check by yourself!
- New Special Zombie! Meet The Smasher - he's big, strong, got a big hammer, and won't go down so easily! Good luck, we guess?
- New algorithm for Health scaling. Zombies were way too weak, specially the special ones. On v0.8.0, we introduced a brand new formula that changes how they scale - and we expect you're going to like it, because the challenge just got further.
- We improved Multiplayer Shooting Registration. If you're a veteran multiplayer player, you probably noticed some lags/delays/inconsistencies while shooting in multiplayer matches, specially with automatic rifles. We improved that by 80% - to say the least.
- Some general UI improvements.
- Damage decreased from 440 to 370 (nerf)
- Reserve ammo decreased from 60 to 30 (nerf)
- Damage increased from 200 to 250 (buff)
We anticipate a calmer next patch. Our team took the decision to take some time to refactor old technical debts we have, balancing stuff, expanding the Perks system, etc. This because the first Boss Battle is approaching, and with it, the conclusion of the Act 1 -- can't wait to share what we have in the oven!
Have a great weekend everyone and talk to you next week! (Don't forget to follow us on Twitter to more quick updates).