With this patch, we will be altering some mechanics and improving some features in preparation for changes to come in following patches.
Mainly, we are introducing a new claim system for all lawless regions. Find some land, stake your claim tower, and defend your territory.
Also in this patch, a new Seahorse saddle to ease the ride on our spiny friends, buffs to our latest ships, and other QOL adjustments.
Lastly, we felt it best to provide an explanation regarding the latest server outages. Due to a read-only trigger, it seems our databases could no longer store information during the time of the incident and became desynced from the play servers. While our initial fix solved the problem on the master, the issue remained on the secondary and took a bit longer to remedy than anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience but again, thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.
To remedy the unfortunate side effects, we have decided that this will be the final patch before the wipe. This will allow us to work out any kinks with the new claim system before wiping.
As always, we appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
Released Patch Notes
New System: Area Claiming
New Tower types have been added to claim land in lawless regions. Claiming gives ownership over an area, preventing any other companies from building there. A new claim also gives ownership over any buildings in its area. Destroying the tower removes the build prevention and allows anyone else to claim the area and its contents.
- The claimed area is visible on the map
- Claim Towers may be seen through concealment with the spyglass
- Claim Towers cost Island points, starting at 4 and maxing around 8
- May claim Armored Docks and the ships inside them
New Structure: Land Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed on land. When first placed, it will start at 10% health, and slowly repairs itself and upon reaching 100% health will lay claim to the surrounding area of land.
- Claiming takes about 45 minutes without interference
- Enemies may damage the claim tower while it is building to slow its progress or destroy it
- Players may "repair" the tower for 2% health every 5 seconds (costs 100g)
- If a competing tower is built within the radius before this tower is complete, it is immediately destroyed
New Structure: Water Claim Tower
This Tower must be placed within already-claimed water. It extends the claim radius out to sea to protect your harbors.
- Claiming takes about 30 minutes without interference
- May be repaired like the Land Claim Tower
New Saddle: Seahorse Saddle
The Seahorse Saddle can be crafted in the Tannery after learning the Underwater Taming skill in the Beastmastery tree.
- An equipped Seahorse Saddle is now required to ride a Seahorse
- Crafting Resources: 40 Fiber, 75 Hide, 20 Organic Paste
- Cannon damage increased from 150% to 160%
- Starting crew increased from 14 to 22
- Dried Tentacle cost reduced from 75 to 50
- Bug Fix: Deck widened on the middle level of the Majestic Kraken to cover the gap between the outer walls and deck
- Bug Fix: Cosmetic kraken meshes should no longer disappear
- Cannon damage increased from 125% to 140%
- Starting crew increased from 14 to 18
- Front Castle, Rear Castle, and Gunport Railings now appear damaged when at low health
- Bug Fix: 'Leaking' HUD text no longer appears when Gunport Railings are heavily damaged
A Ship Respec option is now available in the ship stat menu
- Ship Respecs costs 2,500 Gold which is consumed from the player's inventory
- Ships can be respec’d once every 48 hours
- A ship must be fully anchored in order to respec
Increased the height of the lowermost deck on the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken. This allows taller structures (such as the Food Larder) to be placed
Rope Ladders and Wall Hooks may now be placed on sails on the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken
- Trade preferences of other Markets can now be viewed by selecting the 'View Trade Offers' option in the settings dropdown for each available Market
- Bug Fix: Markets can no longer be placed on ships
Tames & Creatures
- Increased feeding radius for bola entrapped Elephants
- Crows can now equip hats
- Bug Fix: Heavy Cyclops Helmet is now positioned correctly on Parrots
- NPCs will no longer target Grenades
- Some Blueprint Craft Counts increased at higher quality tiers
- The Single Player map on PC has been updated to include Sea Forts and Ship Salesman Island
- Bug Fix: Army of the Damned Treasure Guards should no longer spawn underneath structures
- Bug Fix: Antidote no longer disappears from the Mortar and Pestle
- Bug Fix: Crossing grids in Single Player should no longer cause the game to crash
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue where properties in GameUserSettings.ini were reverted to their default settings on private servers
- Majestic Kraken Ships obtained prior to this patch lost the blue tint on most of their pieces
- It can be difficult for colorblind players to differentiate friendly and enemy Claim Tower icons when viewing them through the Spyglass
- Flag on top of the Water Claim Tower doesn't raise
- The Single Player map on Xbox has not yet been updated with Sea Forts and the Ship Salesman Island
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! :)
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame