A number of changes to the game have been implemented, with a focus on making Boom Boomerang a more accessible and streamlined experience:
- Overhauled the difficulty modes to provide a wider range of accessibility and challenge.
- Made a number of graphical changes to render the game in a more vibrant and consistent style.
- Arcade levels have been restructured and ordered in a linear fashion, providing more straight-forward progression.
- The throw combo is now filled using a meter system which fills for each target destroyed. When the meter is full, the combo goes up by 1. Miss, and it goes down by 1.
- Onslaught now has three modes which affect the target spawn rate: Slow, Medium and Fast.
- Calibrate mode and the tutorial now include a throwing angle calibration mechanic to automatically adjust the angle of the player's throw based on their natural throwing tendencies.