Build number: 611029
Here it finally is, the long awaited patch EA 0.9.12 with many new features and bug fixes. In addition to new professions, new actions, new items, new animations, new dialogues and the implementation of religion, we have further optimized the AI dynasties, we have reworked the tutorial and we made first improvements on the guilds. Another big innovation is that from now on a clear distinction is being made between village and town: only the smaller businesses (crude craftsman hut, butcher, etc.) can be built in the village and only the higher leveled businesses (blacksmith, inn, etc.) can be placed on city grounds. In addition to the innovations listed in these patch notes, you will find some more surprises in the game - so you can be curious :-)
Please note: We are aware that because of the huge amount of new features, EA 0.9.12 is not perfectly balanced and that it comes along with some new bugs. But we didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. In the upcoming versions we will focus on balancing and bug fixing the changes introduced with EA 0.9.12. We have invested a lot of time and energy in this big update for The Guild 3 and we hope that you’ll enjoy it!
- We have implemented the new professions into the four professional skill paths and revised the skill paths as well. You will surely notice that the lower businesses in particular produce intermediate products for higher leveled businesses, also for businesses outside their own skill path.
- Food Preparation Skill Path:
-- new profession: the orchardist harvests fruits and collects honey in the grove. They use them to make drinks and sweets.
-- new profession: the fisher catches perch, pike and trout in the fishing spots near ponds, lakes and rivers. In addition to the obligatory fish dishes, they also offer fish oil and bone needles.
-- new action: “Go fishing” (skill of the fisher) enables you to go fishing yourself and make some interesting catches
-- new action: “Go hunting” (skill of the butcher) makes it possible for your family members to hunt in the brushwood
- Handicraft Skill Path:
-- new profession: the potter makes goods from clay and stone. One of these is the “strong latch” that can be attached to buildings.
-- new profession: the tinker extracts copper from ore and uses it to manufacture various goods.
- Scholarship Skill Path:
-- new profession: the barber makes oils and soaps from jasmine, wild rose and bat blood and also offers customers bathes and hair cuts. Currently, customers are still bathing in their clothes :-)
-- new profession: the preacher has a preacher's hut for the village and one for the city. They preach and can even try to "convert" people of other denominations. We will go into more detail on religion below.
-- new action: with “Convert someone” (preacher's skill; named differently depending on the denomination) you can try to convert another character to your denomination.
-- new action: with “Hold public prayer” (preacher's skill) you can gain reputation and influence among your fellow believers in your area, but the other denominations will not like it...
- Rogue Skill Path:
-- new profession: the minstrel entertains people with musical performances on shawm, fiddle, bagpipe and drum.
-- new profession: the gravedigger sends their somewhat strange-looking employees to the cemetery to “excavate” the ingredients for his even stranger products. One of these products is the “Skull lamp” that you can set up in front of a competitor's building.
-- new action: you can “Serenade” one of your romances (minstrel's skill)
-- new action: you can also “Plunder graves” yourself and find some interesting objects ... but be careful, because plundering graves is part of the city laws and can become illegal!
-- robbers can be injured fairly regular, so the costs for healthcare services could become high after a while - therefore from now on robbers will lay down to a healthy sleep in their camp when they are injured
- Changes to Titles and Residences (also see under “Content & Balancing”):
-- new action: with “Greet someone” (title: Serf) you can greet another character on the street
-- new action: with “Kiss within marriage” (title: Serf) you can give your spouse a loving kiss
-- new action: you can give your liaison a “Forbidden kiss” (title: Serf), but make sure that your spouse is not around!
-- new action: with “Convert” (title: Serf; differently named depending on the denomination) you can change your faith
-- new usable item: “Slide rule” (residence: house, citizen house, mansion; title: Citizen)
-- new usable item: “Signet ring” (residence: house, citizen house, mansion; title: Citizen)
-- new building privilege: you can build a “Well” (title: Free Citizen) to get better access to water, but be aware that the well can be used by everyone
-- new action: with “Letter from the Inquisition” (title: Patrician) you as a Catholic can scare a Protestant competitor
-- new action: with a “Sneaky intrigue” (title: Patrician) you as a Protestant can reduce the influence of a Catholic competitor
-- new action: if you feel like it - and have the necessary change - then “Play a game of dice at an inn” (title: Patrician). The inn must of course have a dice table.
-- new action: you can “Take a bath in the bathroom” (residence: citizen house, mansion; title: Nobleman)
-- new usable item: “Councillor's chain” (residence: citizen house, mansion; title: Nobleman)
-- new usable item: “Family sword” (residence: citizen house, mansion; title: Nobleman)
-- new action: if you have a lot of money left, then “Play a risky game of dice at an inn” (title: Squire). The inn must also have a dice table
-- new building privilege: you can erect a “Statue” (title: Lord) which will amaze passers-by. You cannot repair statues, so they will expire after a while.
-- new usable item: with a “Banquet” (residence: mansion; title: Baron) you can “Give a family feast” and smooth out any waves in your inner family circle...
- New Features of the Guilds (also see under “Content & Balancing”) - we are only listing the actions and artifacts, not the buffs of the individual guilds:
-- new action: you can “Gather a mandrake” (Guild of Alchemists) which you need as an ingredient for the following, powerful potion
-- new usable item: “Potion of the Fate Women” (Guild of Alchemists) with which you can achieve three effects: make someone sick, poison or heal someone!
-- new action: you can "Motivate your workers” (Guild of Craftsmen) so that they achieve new heights
-- new action: you can go on a “Profitable trade trip” (Guild of Merchants) and return home with valuable goods. In addition, this long-distance journey is safer than the others.
-- new action: you can “Secure a building” (Guild of Freemasons) and protect it from all acts of sabotage with the exception of bombs
-- new action: you can “Distract the residents” (Guild of Thieves) and make it easier for your crooks to go about their business
Content & Balancing
- We implemented a total of 11 new buildings (including statue and fishing spot), 52 new actions (incl. artifact actions) and 51 new raw materials, products, equipments and artifacts
- At the beginning of the game you have 12 professions to choose in both “Poor Fellow” and “Career” mode!
- In the village only the small businesses are allowed to be built and in the city only the higher leveled businesses
- from now on, with each new title you will receive the permission to own one more business building
- the "house" may only be built in the city and you need the title "Citizen"
-- there are 3 denominations: Catholic, Secular and Protestant; Secular means that the character or the entire dynasty is of Christian faith, but does not allow themselves to be pushed into one corner or the other. Basically, if you perform a social action with a character of another denomination, it is a bit more difficult. Interactions between Catholics and Protestants are always a bit more difficult.
-- there can only be one denomination within a family which is decided by your leader
-- all city guards automatically have the denomination of the Sovereign. In the case of illegal activities by a person of the same denomination, they are more inclined not to “notice” this than in the case of a criminal of another denomination.
- 4 new character models: minstrels & employees of the inn (male & female) and gravedigger (male & female)
- more than 50 new character animations
- 12 new handhelds (spade, potion, fiddle, drum, bagpipe, and much more)
- 2 brand new pieces of music for the minstrels
- from now on, all businesses, raw material producers and raw material providers have work animations, many of them with appropriate sfx
- all actions that can be carried out in businesses, such as “Drive your workers” or “Sabotage”, are now also visualized at the business building
- the customers of the inn, medicus, apothecary, herb hut and of course barber are shown with animations in the respective building together with the service employees
- automated actions that are carried out on streets, such as “Begging”, “Jugglery” or “Ambush”, should now take place less often on inanimate or secluded streets
- the professions in the Rogue skill path have been balanced and should now generate a bit less profit. In addition, these professions no longer have a front store, so stolen goods have to be sold on the market.
- several more powerful actions now have a cooldown for the entire family; if a character has used the action, then the cooldown applies for all family members
- a lot of new dialogues were added
- many actions, such as “Kiss on the cheek” got a new animation
- the action “Hunt rats” now has a small chance of catching a living rat...
- a large number of icons have been revised
- all scenario maps have been revised for this patch
- the guilds now have significant differences in their moral values and they now all have corresponding buffs
- all members of a guild now have a corresponding icon in the character panel at the bottom left
- new secondary attribute “Entertainment”: is used for making music, but also for juggling etc.
- the building add-ons have been revised and further balanced
- several buildings and character models have been revised
- we have reworked the categories and sorting of actions in action bar of characters and buildings
- tooltips for the attributes are now displayed in the character creation menu
- the flame of the torches has been reworked so it now looks more natural and doesn't cause the "fire flashes effect" which appeared with some graphic cards
- many issues have been fixed that would each lead the game to crash
- fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon burning down an AI family's main residence
- fixed a bug that caused the game to crash in multiplayer during the creation of a new trade route
- fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when someone has been kidnapped
- fixed a bug that caused the game to crash under special circumstances - free camera mode and then going back to the main menu
- fixed a bug that caused the game to crash after using political/office actions
- fixed a bug that led to a crash when starting the game with low resolutions on low-end onboard graphic cards
- fixed a significant drop in performance when a huge number of characters and horse carts were displayed at the same time
- several issues in and with the tutorial have been fixed
- fixed a bug that would render it impossible to purchase a building from a neutral NPC
- sometimes AI dynasties haven't hired any workers for their building; we fixed that
- fixed a bug that caused the "Audit books" action to be useless. The action has seen a complete rework and buildings of opponents can be shut down by the action for a limited timeframe
- fixed a bug with the natural healing of injuries that let characters regenerate too much of their lost health per time unit
- fixed a bug that allowed players to buy building add-ons even though the building level was too low
- fixed a bug that caused the failure notification to appear endlessly if you sent someone to a healing service and ran out of money
- fixed a bug that would prevent a character to be able to purchase anything at the marketplace
- fixed some bugs that prevented the player from letting family members apply for an office under certain circumstances
- fixed a bug that caused AI dynasties to not reproduce and thus die out quickly
- fixed a bug that inhibited members of AI dynasties who were not the leader or the heir to perform office actions and artefact actions
- fixed a bug in multiplayer that caused a player to be unable to appoint a new heir upon having lost the current one involuntarily or by dynastic trade
- fixed a bug that caused low and/or negative attribute values to increase success chances instead of lowering them
- fixed a bug that prevented automated family members who performed "Public relations" could be stopped
- fixed a bug that caused a reset of a running office election including the candidates list if one of the current NPC office holders dropped out for any reason
- fixed a bug that caused the application fee for an office to be refunded after the election took place
- there was no limit of city guards per neighborhood, so the office holders responsible for city guards were able to infinitely increase their number - there is a limit now
- fixed a bug in the prison sentence office power that caused the year of the arrest to stay the same after the first round when moving the slider to the right
- a number of political events were missing in the calendar after the game was saved and loaded - this should be fixed now
- fixed a bug that caused workers to gather just a single unit of a raw material in brushwood, grove and cemetery before they returned to their business building
- fixed a bug in multiplayer that caused the player not to be part of the game's lobby
- fixed a bug that prevented AI dynasties to erect a new living house and/or change the place of residence to another of their living houses after they had lost their main residence
- several missing action icons have been created and implemented
- fixed a bug in multiplayer that enabled the dynasty's henchmen to be elected into offices
- fixed a bug that caused the NPCs of the market booths to disappear
- fixed a bug that would hide the "exit" button when hitting ESC while being in a cutscene
- fixed a bug that caused the handheld-object in a character's second hand to disappear when the character took a position in the outside area of a building
- fixed a bug that caused the building menu to be locked after the building was purchased from a neutral NPC while the building menu was open and the building was spied on
- fixed a bug that made it possible to open the building menu of a building that was under construction
- fixed a bug that prevented the patients from paying for their treatment
- fixed a bug in multiplayer that prevented the list of trade routes to not update
- fixed a bug that caused henchmen to not get new actions even when granted by a title or skill
- several bugs with dialogues have been fixed
- fixed a bug that caused flames to still be visualized after the flames of a burning building have been extinguished
- fixed a bug that caused AI dynasties to try to unlock a skill for which they haven't fulfilled the requirements
- fixed a bug that caused a kidnapped character released by the kidnapper to appear next to the kidnapper's residence and not next to the kidnapper
- fixed a bug that would not release kidnapped characters correctly when the building where they were chained up in was destroyed
- fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to be tradable in dynastic trades several times
- fixed a bug that caused automated employees to not automatically get treatment when they were injured, ill or poisoned
- fixed a bug that caused sometimes incorrectly orientated characters while they played an animation
- fixed a bug that caused adopted children to receive a birthtrait, which then led to several other problems
- fixed a bug that canceled the current action of the avatar when changing the place of residence
- a bug has been fixed that caused the Sovereign to lose their position if they moved the place of residence to the other city on the same map (only relevant on the Vienna & Pressburg map).
- if there was a Sovereign, the application time in the information window of the Sovereign showed "Unknown to Unknown" - we have corrected that
- fixed a bug that caused the area map filters to duplicate every dynasty after one was destroyed instead of removing them from the list
- during drag & drop of a raw material item in a resource provider, characters from other dynasties would be highlighted as valid workers - we fixed that
- fixed a bug that caused the wrong scaffold models to be used when erecting a new building
- fixed a bug that caused a building’s scaffold model to overlap the right side of the building under construction
- fixed a bug that prevented the "All goods" storage rules list to not show all items
- the LOD of the Thieves' den has been corrected
- fixed many issues with animations
- fixed a bug that would not remove influence points
- fixed a bug that caused the portraits of tradable family members during a dynastc trade to be blank
- fixed a number of issues with combat texts / overhead texts
- several missing texts have been added and misspellings in other texts have been resolved
- in some character animations the handheld equipments like torches and walking sticks are stuck in the body of the character and few animations for specific character types may be missing
- transporters bring in too many raw materials/sub components in high level businesses in automated production
- torches, oil lamps, door latches and wall paint are currently not produced in good numbers
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “%userprofile%\Saved Games\Guild3” (C:\Users[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following might help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your Steam library, then Properties - LOCAL FILES - VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES...
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder “%localappdata%\Guild3” (C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3). Then re-install the game.
Crash dumps for bug reports can be found in “%localappdata%\Guild3\sentry\reports” (C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\sentry\reports) per default.
Join our official Discord server (link) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
In addition to intensive bug fixing and balancing, we want to work on the achievements, the Budget book and the guilds.
A short outlook...
The focus in the near future will be on bug fixing and balancing. We will also take a closer look at the game's performance and optimize it.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.12: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.