Dear Song of Horror fans,
Today we introduce several, highly requested new features to Song of Horror! You can now experience the hardest difficulty, H.P. Lovecraft, play as fan-favorite Erica in Episode 5, and face new scares and manifestations of The Presence.
We promised to add these three new elements to Song of Horror to keep improving the game beyond launch and to offer all of you new content to look forward to. This would not be possible without your participation in the community, so thank you for being so vocal and encouraging in the Steam forums and in your reviews!
Now, go and play the newest content Song of Horror has to offer!
Here's everything Update 1.22 introduces to Song of Horror:
H.P. Lovecraft difficulty is now available! H.P. Lovecraft is Song of Horror’s hardest difficulty level. You can unlock this new difficulty after beating the game for the first time in M.R. James or Edgar Allan Poe.
- The unlocking of H.P. Lovecraft is not retroactive: it won't unlock automatically if you already completed the game on M.R. James or Edgar Allan Poe. However, what you can do is watch the final cutscene again to unlock H.P. Lovecraft.
- H.P. Lovecraft is a global unlock. Once you obtain it, you’ll be able to select H.P. Lovecraft in any of your save slots.
- In H.P. Lovecraft, death (or worse!) lurks around every corner. The difficulty of all five Hauntings has been noticeably increased, and they will appear slightly more frequently than in Edgar Allan Poe. Lesser events will also tend to be more... malignant than before.
- Be on your guard! No tutorials will show up in H.P. Lovecraft (they are still accessible from the "Tutorials" section of the Pause menu), and you might find yourself facing dangers you didn’t expect.
- For those achievement hunters among us, you can now unlock a brand new one for completing the entire game on H.P. Lovecraft difficulty: "The Presence waits dreaming".
- You can also change difficulty at any time between H.P. Lovecraft and the other three difficulty levels with no restrictions. However, doing this will prevent you from getting the achievement associated with H.P. Lovecraft, so think carefully before committing.
EPISODE 5: NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND EVENTS
Erica Färber is now playable in Episode 5! After going through unspeakable horrors at the Abbey of Saint Cecilia and the antique store, a final answer still eludes Erica, and as you know, she’s not one to sit idly by...
- To unlock Erica as a playable character in Episode 5, she needs to be present in Episode 4 and survive the ordeal (she doesn't need to be the one who finishes the episode). This is not retroactive: it will unlock on successful Episode 4 runs from now on.
- We also added several instances of random paranormal activity to Jeremy Hartwood Mental Hospital. Now, your adventure through this cursed place will be scarier than ever before!
- Fixed a rare bug where dodging an arm grab in the last second could result in your character still being grabbed and the associated icon not being properly shown.
- Fixed several translations and minor bugs.
- Fixed a bug where a certain combination of button/key presses could send you flying towards the last door you interacted with (The Presence can be really silly if it wants too).
- Fixed several minor sound issues.
Once again, we want to thank you all for supporting Song of Horror and being a part of this community. That's why we want to highlight some of our favorite comments from the last few weeks. Enjoy!
[quote=蛤釦子]"After playing the 2 first episodes this became my fav horror game in the recent decade. The leap from the demo [...] to its final product is incredible, thank you for the passion to deliver this game."[/quote]蛤釦子
Julinya: _"You all seem so passionate about making the game that it makes me want it even more!! It looks amazing!"_Julinya
GP: _"This game is outright scary, playing it right now and I'm shitting my pants on those damned jump scares lol"_GP
GP: _"Dude! Amazing game! Love the graphics are just so cool! And everything is just pure wow!"_Eliyah YM
Last but not least, a friendly reminder that Song of Horror is being featured on the Steam Summer Sales with a 25% discount! We encourage you to recommend it or give it as a present to your friends (or to get it yourself if you still haven't).
_Stay safe. Stay strong.
The Protocol & Raiser Games Teams
Oh my god... It ends… like this.